Luminar 4 product version 4.3.0.7119 staying on splash screen, not opening

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Roy Blackwell

When was this version released? The current version I have is 4.3.0.6886.

Comment actions Permalink
    Meg Boruta

I'm not sure. I installed it a couple of weeks ago... the version according to the properties on my PC is 4.3.0.7119

Austin Miller

Hello Meg. Please update Luminar 4 to the latest version here - https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

It should fix the issue with the hang on the splash-screen.

Meg Boruta

Nope...didn't work. I've uninstalled the program, tried re-installing it with the link you gave me. Then, tried re-installing the original and the additional link...still not working.

Austin Miller

Hello Meg. Could you please reach us via skylum.com/support so we can further investigate the issue? Do not forget to send a link to this community post!

Howard Reynolds

Unfortunately, North African scammers have been active again on eBay, all claiming to sell Luminar 4 "latest versions" at unbelievably low prices. The sales are by download only and buyers are provided with details of how to install and crack Luminar with included Russian-made software before actually using.

Luminar version 4.3.0.7119 features in a current listing on eBay UK, where it is also said to be "LUMINAR 2021". The listing is accompanied by all the usual nonsense from scammers: "fully activated", "for Windows" etc.

In £GBP, the asking price is £4.97. In USD, it's $6.79.

Both those prices should be a red flag to any potential buyer that what is on offer is not genuine nor original.

The eBay listing of Luminar "2021" version "4.3.0.7119" says that the item is located in New York, New York, USA. Yea. Right . . . 

This particular New York seller, however, is -- according to eBay -- actually resident in Algeria, and did not register as an eBay member until December 21 last.

In view of Roy Blackwell's helpful earlier post about his recent installation of Luminar 4.3.0.6886, I'm not at all surprised that Luminar version 4.3.0.7119 has frozen: scammers have been inventing Luminar version numbers and even version names (i.e., "Luminar 2021") for quite some time.

eBay UK has taken down around half a dozen recent listings of Luminar, all of them said to be items located in France, even though all the sellers reponsible for the listings were actually resident in North Africa.

I think it would help greatly if Skylum prominently highlighted on its website the actual version number of the current Luminar product.

Anja T.

Howard

I bought Luminar version 4.3.0.7119 in Germany as a deal for 39,99 EUR from a well known computer magazine (chip.de). Therefore I think that not all copies of this version must necessarily be a fraud.

Yet I also experience some problems with Luminar 4.3.0.7119 - but also the same problems with Luminar 3 and Luminar 4.3.0.6886. To me this looks as if the cause could be something else, not the version.

The problem ist that my edits re not displayed in real time - only after zooming into to picture - as discussed here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010216640-Luminar-4-image-preview-does-not-refresh-after-edits-are-made

Elena Blum

Please note that we don't sell any Luminar or Aurora versions on Ebay, and the offers are not legitimate. Nevertheless, the chip.de offer is an official one.

Howard Reynolds

Hi Anja:

Agreed: chip.de is a highly responsible and well respected software source -- and that offer from which you benefited was certainly a good one!

I may not be the only Luminar user left a little confused by Skylum's failure to clarify on its website which version of Luminar is current, and which is not.

It's not asking too much of the developer to do that and to prominently display the information, rather than bury it away.

Even Austin from Skylum Support, in his invitation on this thread to download the latest version of Luminar4, fails to mention what the version number actually is.

Mea culpa where I'm concerned, however: I inadvertently muddled up Roy's post, about his Luminar 4.3.0 886 version with Mag's post about having Luminar 4.3.0. 7119. Contrary to what I posted earlier, Roy did not say the installation of his version of Luminar 4 was recent, though when looking at the numbers, a supplementary software version whose lead digit is 8 would most usually indicate a release later than, and therefore a replacement for, a supplementary version whose lead digit is merely 7. (As noted, playing with numbers is certainly a favorite activity of scammers, hence the presence of Luminar 2020 and even Luminar 2021 on eBay. . .)

Apologies! (And sorry, too, about the glitch with the actual  real time display of edits during post.)

Jose Plaza

Please, if someone from Skylum could clarify the actual (last) version available for Luminar 4.3, we can close this discussion about the different program sources.

I have installed the version 4.3.0 (6886) and when I check for updates, the program states that "it is currently the newest version available". Version 4.3.0 (7119) should be a later issue due to numbering, so the question is:

Is there any update after 4.3.0 (6886) or it is really the last one and the other one is not "trustworthy"?

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Luminar 4 version 4.3.0 (6886) is the latest one on Windows.

And Luminar 4 version 4.3.2 (8095) is the latest on MacOS as of today.

Howard Reynolds

Big thanks to Jose for crystallizing the issue, where Windows OS is concerned viz: is 4.3.0 (7119) a genuinely later version update of Luminar 4 than 4.3.0 (6886), seeing as how 7119  is sequentially later number set than 6886?

Thanks also to Elena for taking the trouble to advise that 4.3.0 (6886) is the latest version including update of Windows OS Luminar 4.

Anja's purchase of 4.3.0 (7119) was via Chip De, an authorized Skylum reseller, so that version is obviously 'trustworthy' (to quote Joe's query) because Chip De itself is trustworthy.

We're still left with the oddity of a Skylum version naming protocol which gives every appearance of not following standard software industry practice that the more recent the updated version of a program,the higher (later) the numerical descriptor. As things stand, it seems very much to be the case that Skylum released Luminar 4.3.0 (7119) BEFORE it released Luminar 4.3.0 (6886).

And that, truly, makes no sense.

Please sign in to leave a comment.