Luminar 4 Looks in Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

23 comments

Elena O'Brien

Hi Alan Silberlight,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I will make sure to pass it to our team, so we can make looks more convenient for you to use in the future. We appreciate you bringing our attention to it!

We already sell LuminarAI Looks in out Marketplace. Looks have an .LTC file extension. You can simply click +Add, navigate to the file on your computer and you will see it in your Purchased tab as shown below: https://prnt.sc/w2aqp3 

Comment actions Permalink
    mark galasso

this is such an ongoing frustrating issue for all your customers. it should be as easy as purchasing a looks product and then seeing it download DIRECTLY into Luminar AI.

PLEASE fix this issue. I have spent a lot of money on additional looks and they are useless or pain to use.

HUGE fan of your products but this is something that's either fixed OR don't offer it at all.

Alan Silberlight

Mr. Galasso,

I totally agree with you. When we spent our money on the Looks we were led to believe that they would migrate into Luminar AI. A meaningless list is NOT migration. Skylum decided to forget about its loyal fan base as they developed AI. AI is marketed towards an individual who does not wish to spend time on the editing process. To put this another way: Skylum slapped its loyal fan base in the face.

Philippe Arto

I just bought Luminar AI and subscribed to Luminar X. I just cannot figure out how to access the Looks (Templates) while into Luminar. It is just unbelivable that the Looks don't appear automatically in Luminar AI. I cannot use these Looks.

You need to fix this fast or else I will soon cancel my subscription to Luminar X.

Alan Silberlight

Hi Phillippe,

At this point, many others, and I, echo your thoughts. Do not expect to see your Templates in Luminar AI the way you saw your Looks in Luminar 4. It is my opinion (I hope I am wrong) that Skylum deliberately wanted to attract a new audience and did not care that they were insulting the people who had bought Luminar 3 or 4 and who then bought Luminar AI.

Luminar AI is not for a user who wants to spend time adjusting his or her image. It is for someone who wants a quick adjustment.

There should be two separate programs: Luminar 5 and Luminar AI.

I believe (again, I hope I'm wrong) that Skylum has no intention of correcting the situation.

Again, I totally agree with you.

Alan Silberlight

Jonathan Gordon

I just downloaded a butt ton of Luminar 4 looks only to find out there's no way to migrate them into Luminar AI , can you please fix the migration or at least give us the ability to import them?? 

Helga Rowles

Hi Jonathan,

I'm afraid Luminar 4 looks cannot be installed in Luminar AI directly since the app doesn't support the MPLUMPACK format.
    The looks that you personally installed in Luminar 4 should get migrated automatically on the condition that Luminar 4 had been installed on your computer before you installed Luminar AI.
    If I understood correctly, it's not the case. Therefore, the only way to put these looks into Luminar AI is to install Luminar 4, install the looks there, and follow the instructions below to re-trigger the migration process:

1. Close LuminarAI
    2. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    3. Find the folder “Luminar AI ” and rename it (it will remove your activation for Luminar AI too);
    4. Start Luminar AI and proceed with the activation again. 

The migrated Luminar 4 looks will appear in the Legacy section of your templates.

George Davis

Helga Rowles. Your answer to Jonathan in the post above appears to be how to put MPLUMPACK looks into LuminarAI for a Windows user. I am on a Mac (latest version). Please advise how to do this on a Mac.

Also, I am pretty disappointed that the Looks I purchased yesterday following the link from Luminar AI did not warn that they do not work in Luminar AI. I think you would save yourself and unsuspecting customers a lot of grief if you had made that clear.

Alan Silberlight

Bottom line: Skylum slapped their loyal fan base in the face. They put out a superior product in Luminar 4 and then decided to abandon it with Luminar AI. They promised that the Looks in 4 would migrate to AI. No way.

Jonathan Gordon

Alan , you are 100 percent correct. You and me both know the vast majority of their sales were made by loyal users who wanted the latest version.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi George,

To migrate Luminar 4 looks to Luminarᴬᴵ it is enough to have Luminar 4 installed on your computer. All the looks will display in Legacy Templates.

In case there are no looks in even though Luminar 4 is installed, best to contact us via https://skylum.com/support . Will check how we can fix this.

As for the purchased add-ons, where did you purchase them? Please, note that on our marketplace each pack has an icon of product it is compatible with. Here is the screenshot:

We will also check what can be done with the packs you bought.

Helga Hufflepuff

Alan Silberlight,

Usually Luminar 4 looks migrate to Luminarᴬᴵ automatically. If it was not the case, can you please contact us via https://skylum.com/support ?

Alan Silberlight

Hi Helga,

What is your definition of "migrate?" The Looks in Luminar 4 are displayed in an orderly fashion. One can easily see the result beforehand. When they carry over to AI it is an unintelligible mishmash. My original comments were posted 8 months ago. Please read them. Elena wrote to me "I will make sure to pass it to our team." Nice company response.

This might be a good time to repeat my original comments.

"There is no system for managing the templates. With Luminar 4 one can clearly see each Collection and the individual Looks in that Collection. When all of this migrates to Luminar AI what we get is an unwieldly list that gives the name of the Collection and the individual Look. You cannot hover over the Look to see the effect as you can with Luminar 4."

Has there been any progress?

Thank you.

This makes the migration totally useless. The only workaround is to choose the Look in Luminar 4 and apply it in Luminar AI. Of course, I do not know if the end effect will be the same.

George Davis

Hello Helga. Thanks for your response. My mistake on not seeing or realizing that there were different kinds of looks and that the compatible product icons were there. I admit I have not spent a lot of time looking around on the website, so if this was noted somewhere, it would have been easy to miss.

I just purchased several hundred dollars of templates - fortunately all of these are compatible with AI. I only purchased one MPLUMPACK formatted look. I will just use that with Luminar 4 which I still own.

I have purchased products from Skylum since 2016 going back to Creative Kit, Luminar 2018, Luminar, Luminar 3, Aurora HDR, Luminar 4 and now Luminar AI. I don't think II will continue to purchase any additional products or "upgrades" from Skylum going forward. After reading a number of other posts in this community (support ending for Luminar 4, bugs not getting fixed, leaving people with large librarys behind, etc.), it just seems that there is trouble in the house. And its not at all clear what your long-term strategy is. Stay safe.

Alan Silberlight

Hi George,

Same for me. I totally agree with your thoughts, your opinions, and most certainly, your feeling that Skylum has lost its sense of direction.

Here's a question for you. Have you bought any of Skylum's sky replacement packs? They can easily be imported into Photoshop, only if you have the latest upgrade (August 2021). Here are the steps:

Edit>Sky Replacement

1. Click on Create New Sky Group.
    2. Name the new sky group.
    3. Select the new group.
    4. Click the plus sign.
    5. Navigate to the particular folder where I have the skies that I wish to import into the new group.
    6. Click O.K.

Hope this helps. Thanks again.
    Alan
    George Davis

Thanks Alan. While I have purchased some sky replacement photos from other sources, I have not purchased any such packs from Skylum. But that's very thoughtful for you to import skies into PS - I do use the latest PS upgrade. I very rarely feel the need to replace a sky, but I have been experimenting with the new PS approach and find it works very well with a minimum of fuss. Cheers!

Jonathan Gordon

Helga,

I have multiple templates from Luminar 4 but when I go to the legacy tab there is 1. I've tried reinstalling both 4 and AI and nothing works. I'm not sure how your dev team isn't aware of this issue yet , its been there since the release.

Alan Silberlight

Jonathan,

They are aware of everything. They know that the templates from Luminar 4 do not migrate to Luminar Ai in a way that we see them in 4. It's all a mish-mosh of impossible to follow names. Why would they care? They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Eight months ago, when I posted that the Templates do not migrate in the same way, I received the following response from Elena, of Skylum. "Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I will make sure to pass it to our team, so we can make looks more convenient for you to use in the future. We appreciate you bringing our attention to it!"

This is what is known as a company response. They have never addressed this issue, except to say, "Sure, they migrate."

Please read all the posts above and you'll see what I mean.

Alan

Agatha Winter

Hi Alan and Jonathan,

Could you please specify which looks didn't migrate to Luminar AI?

Please note that Dramatic, Essentials, etc. are default looks. Only your custom and purchased look packs should migrate. I've highlighted the default Luminar 4 looks that will not migrate with red in the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/1qjya6u 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alan Silberlight

Agatha, 

Please read all of the above posts. Before Luminar AI was released, Skylum promised that all looks would migrate. We expected to be able to see the Looks in AI the same way we saw them in 4. That did not occur. I'll repeat myself. Skylum's definition of migrate is not the same as that of the poor customers who gullibly expected to see in AI what we saw in 4. I am one of the poor, gullible customers.

I'll repeat from a previous post:

Do not expect to see your Templates in Luminar AI the way you saw your Looks in Luminar 4. It is my opinion that Skylum deliberately wanted to attract a new audience and did not care that they were insulting the people who had bought Luminar 3 or 4 and who then bought Luminar AI.

Luminar AI is not for a user who wants to spend time adjusting his or her image. It is for someone who wants a quick adjustment.

There should be two separate programs: Luminar 5 and Luminar AI.

I believe that Skylum has no intention of correcting the situation."

Agatha, have you not read all of the previous posts?

George Davis wrote "it's not at all clear what your long-term strategy is." 

Skylum should have never abandoned Luminar 4. It would have been wiser to come out with Luminar 5 plus Luminar Ai. Instead, you are offering "discounts" with Aurora (no updates for a few years now) and the Luminar X membership.

Skylum has lost its sense of direction.

Jonathan Gordon

Agatha, NONE OF THEM. I don't know how I can make it more clear.

Alan Silberlight

Jonathan,

Skylum will keep on repeating something like "please let us know...we want to help....sure they migrate...here are the steps...thank you for your valuable ideas...I will pass them on..."

I do not think that the people at Skylum are stupid. They just think that we are.

Earl Ravid

I too have been a loyal customer since Creative Kit.  I've purchased every version since.  While I like some of the new features in Luminar AI, I share other user's frustration with the loss of easy import and organization of "looks" from prior versions.  It makes me question investing in future versions of Skylum products.

Please sign in to leave a comment.