Luminar AI Crashes Repeatedly on Open

Answered

Comments

46 comments

Helga Rowles

Thanks for the update, Michael! I'm glad to hear that it helped.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi Tim,

It's very likely that you're encountering the same issue, so the build could help.
    We have sent you the download link via email.

Tim Berquin

Thank you Helga Rowles

do you know what causes the issue?

Tim Berquin

Helga Rowles

there's still something weird about it.
    I had to uninstall the program and experimental build, then reinstall it again, otherwise, the program would not start up. It opens up and I can do tasks, but I still had to double click (open the program) the icon several times untill it actually opens up.It does not boot up fast.

I dontr know if it has something to do with Nvidia RTX or windows update.

Lee Greer

I guess my brutally honest opinion was too harsh for them to send me an experimental build

Hi, 

I'm encountering issues aswell, while editing the program just crashes and when trying to restart it opens briefly but then closes. 

It helps when I remove the catalog and build a new one, but it is getting quiet annoying doing this every time, any long term fixes? 

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Lee Greer,

No worries, we sent you the build via e-mail. Please, check your inbox. Thank you!

Hello Member,

I see that you have already reached our team via e-mail. We will do our best to help you with the issue.

Pete Jungbluth

I am having similar issues... start the program and it crashes after open for about 10 seconds. 

Victoria Grace

Hey Pete Jungbluth, we've just sent you an email. Please, check your inbox.

Having the same issues, can I please have the 'experimental build' or a money refund?

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Please reach our support team and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible: https://skylum.com/support

SAME ISSUE. I was having the issue of it being beyond slow and awfully laggy, now it won't even open. What a joke. 

IAN SMITH

Was working okay, albeit slowly, for a while but now it crashes and closes as soon as it opens. I will be cancelling my recurring payment and giving up on Luminar AI unless this gets fixed really fast. In this day and age, having this sort of problem on an extremely capable computer system is just unacceptable.

Agatha Winter

Hi IAN,

I'm really sorry to hear that the issue persists! Please, reach out to us at https://skylum.com/support and our support team will do their best to help you get Luminat up and running. 

Alex

Hey guys and girls, I had this Issue just a couple hours after buying Luminar AI. I found a pretty easy fix if your software crashes upon launch -> On Windows 10 Go to \[Your Username]\Pictures and find the "Luminar AI Catalog" folder. After deleting it, the software started again, but prompted me to either create a new "Luminar AI Catalog" or to open an existing one. I don't know if this is an option for all of you, as previous work might get deleted. But you can always rename the "Luminar AI Catalog" instead of deleting it. Hope this helps. Happy editing!

Claus Neeleman

I am grateful for this post. I thougt maybe Luminar AI is more stable. But noooooo, still crashes bugs..., I iwll stay with Luminar 4 which weill never be updated I guess. And have the same experience. Thank you very much. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.