Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Roy Blackwell

@Ian Dodd: Just to be sure, you are aware you can purchase additional 'seats' for $15 US I believe? I know it is kind of a bummer since previous products had two or more licenses on original purchase. Skylum says their data indicated most users only used on one device, therefore they lowered the price and offer additional seats for a purchase.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Dodd

Roy,  Thanks for the reply.  I wasn't able to find the Additional Seats Price, and as I live in Australia that would mean a price of $45 AU from what you say.  There has been no explanation as to why a single user should be hit up for using the product on "Their 2nd  Machine". The price for the product has not been reduced in my opinion just to verify a 1! user situation. Skylum should review the huge number of complaints when earlier versions were reduced to TWO machines and this was their statement that Two machines were only necessary to load the product. Nothing has changed except an inflated income to Sklum at the cost to loyal purchasers. As a volunteering teacher to camera clubs, without a charge of any description, the necessity for a laptop to display and teach Skylum's product for intending buyers, should be included in the download as was previously provided on previous products. I too was an early buyer when the product was first advertised.(as always). I think this type of attitude from Sklum producers in sales will only do them a great deal of harm in the future sales of their products.. Other products in the editing sphere still provide 2 or more activation's.

I checked my profile on Skylum and they show me as a purchaser since 2020.??

I actually have bought every product Skylum has produced.To add injury to the fact,  PSCC 2020 now provides Sky replacement in ACR.v 12.3 LR/PS which comes with their Cloud free product update in October 2020.

KInd Regards

Ian Dodd CEO SDI Australia

aka kundabungkid  www.kundabungkid.com

Elena O'Brien

Hi Ian Dodd,

Luminar is meant to be used by a single person. We’ve discovered that two activations are enough for one person in most cases. For example, at home and at work, or on a desktop and a laptop computer. However, you can always reset your license counter in order to activate Luminar on a different computer if you have already exceeded the limit.

Reset buttons are available for each product you own in the My Software tab. Click License > Reset All Licenses. 

Moreover, you are able to add more seats to your license in the "My Software" section of your Skylum account for a fee. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.