Where are all of my Luminar 4 Looks in Luminar AI?

Answered

Comments

22 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Alan,

The looks from Luminar 4 should have been migrated to LuminarAI automatically. Make sure you have installed them in Luminar 4.

Here's how to find Luminar 4 looks in LuminarAI

Comment actions Permalink
    Alan Silberlight

At this point, I am frustrated and annoyed. I believe that I know the English language well enough to make my point clear. This is what I wrote:

"I have over 80 mplumpack files of Looks that I installed in Luminar 4. I can access and choose from these Looks very easily in Luminar 4. However, in Luminar AI, when I go to Templates>My Collection>Legacy I see only 12 items which are not all the Looks (mplumpack files) from Luminar 4. Actually, under the Legacy tab I see the Favorites and User Luminar Looks from Luminar 4.
      Skylum promised that the Looks from Luminar 4 would migrate to Luminar AI. From what I am seeing, only the Favorites and User Luminar Looks from Luminar 4 have migrated to Luminar AI.
      Am I mistaken or correct?"

Please do NOT give me the same instructions that you have already given me twice before. That will be another insult. Again, when I  go to Templates>My Collection>Legacy I see only 12 items which are not all the Looks (mplumpack files) from Luminar 4. Actually, under the Legacy tab I see the Favorites and User Luminar Looks from Luminar 4.

Where are all my Luminar Looks. Why do I see only 12 indications whn I have more than 80 Looks in Luminar 4?

Please do not tell me that the Looks have to be installed in Luminar 4. They are.

At this point, I am coming to the conclusion that Skylum promised its users falsely that all the Luminar Looks would migrate to Luminar AI. The only thing that migrates are the Favorites and User Luminar Looks. Am I correct in this assumption? If I am correct, please tell me so. If I am incorrect, please tell me so. I'm a big boy. I can take it. But if I am incorrect please tell me how I can bring all of the Looks from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI. And if you're going to give me the same incorrect, unacceptable answer, please do not.

I await a suitable response from you.
    Roy Blackwell

Alan Silberlight: Not sure what your issue is but all my L4 looks migrated to Luminar AI. Perhaps you are not seeing the scroll bar. The issue I have is that they are just one very long unorganized list. 

Alan Silberlight

Mr. Blackwell,

I thank you profusely and tip my hat off to you. You are totally correct. I was not seeing the scroll bar. I also agree with you about the long, long, totally unorganized looks. I have over 80 Looks collections in Luminar 4. You can imagine how many individual Looks I have in Luminar AI. What were they thinking?

The only approach to this madness is to select the Look in Luminar 4, write it down, and then find the same Look in Luminar AI. Didn't Skylum realize that this would be a problem?

I thank you again, sir.

Richard Venneman

I think, no actually I know, an apology is in order to Ms. Blum for your sarcastic and wise ass remark that was totally uncalled for when Ms. Blum was trying to offer assistance.

Oh, by the way, I believe that I know the English language well enough to make my point clear.

Alan Silberlight

Dear Richard, (or should I shorten your name)?

Since you know the English language please read one of my posts where I admit that I had seen the scroll bar and I thanked the individual who pointed this out to me.

Since you know the English language please read the posts of other dissatisfied people regarding Luminar AI. 

I find it totally impossible to believe that Skylum did not know that the Looks would not migrate in a sensible, coherent manner in Luminar AI.

Since you know the English language, please read the post where I stated that the workaround is to choose the Look in Luminar 4, save it and then reopen it in Luminar AI. This, of course, means that I would have to use two photo editors to work on an image. Doesn't make sense.

Please read Roy Blackwell's comments about a long list of Looks in the migration from 4 to AI. He is correct and my list would be longer since I have over 80 collections of Looks.

Since you know the English language you will have no trouble reading all of this.

Thank you for your advice, Richard, or should I refer to the shortened form of your name?

Shelia Hunt

Very frustrated with Luminar AI... The built-in "Looks" from Luminar 4 are nowhere to be found, and the "Templates" in Luminar AI don't do anything at all!  I read all the notes on migrating looks, but I'm not talking about Looks that I created... Just the ones that were built in to Luminar 4!  I cannot believe for the life of me that Skylum would do away with the Looks in Luminar 4.  Sorry, but unless there is a way to find these in Luminar AI, I will go back to using Luminar 4.

Alan Silberlight

Hi Shelia,

Click on the Templates tab at the top of the screen. Then click on the Favorites star at the right of the screen. Then click on Legacy. Then click on the impossible to find scroll bar. (Look at the top, next to the Favorites star.) 

This is where the troubles begin. If you have a lot of collections of Looks from 4, you will see them as a meaningless, miles-long list. You cannot see any effect, the way you would in 4.

While Skylum did have a right to build a new program from the ground up, they had no right to claim that the Looks would migrate from 4 to AI. This is not migration.

A nice class-action suit might bring them to their senses, but then again, they have offered refunds within 30 days of installation.

Skylum wanted to be the first company to bring out a fully AI program but in doing so they have alienated a lot of people by forgetting about Luminar 4.

To be sure, I totally agree with you.

Alan Silberlight

Tony Reynes

This AI introduction reminds me of the CF that surrounded Microsoft in the era of Windows 3.0. It appears that we have gotten better at the bells and whistles but totally let the emotional attachment to the product get in the way of who buys the product. I have been bombarded with advertising for the intro for ages. There is irony in the fact that they are paying to attract customers that will become pissed off at them.

Alan Silberlight

The Looks are so clear in Luminar 4. The Templates are so unclear in Luminar AI.

Shelia Hunt

The Luminar 4 built-in LOOKS did NOT transfer over from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI.  Did NOT... They are not there under Legacy or any of the above.

ALSO, in Luminar AI, when you click on a Template, it makes LITTLE CHANGE to the photo!  It's like they are set to 20% of what they should be. They are worthless at this point.

Alan Silberlight

You are so totally correct! Everything that you say is true. You cannot always reinvent the wheel.

Tony Reynes

I have friends who are on the boards of a number of camera clubs on the West Coast, Chicago and New York. The consensus is we want to like the product but it and Skylum support are not ready for prime time. 

Alan Silberlight

My feeling is that they should have improved and updated Luminar 4. Instead, they dropped the bottom out of 4 and gave us AI, but without the compatibility that they promised. Is artificial intelligence so important to the majority of people who adjust images? Skylum can still do damage control.

Tony Reynes

The concept of "AI" is aspirationally  (sp?) what we want for post production. They spend a ton of money and end up with two unintended consequences: they under deliver to the faithful and they alienate and polarize the near purists that think a bad photographer can now turn out an outstanding image......and therefore will demonize the product. 

Alan Silberlight

Very wise words, Tony, I agree with you. I like your words "they under deliver to the faithful."

Tony Reynes

How do we get them to hear us? We can be a friend or an enemy.

Alan Silberlight

Good question, Tony. I wonder if they expected so much negative feedback on Luminar AI. Nobody is telling them to discontinue Luminar AI but they are very foolish in abandoning Luminar 4. The last update to Photoshop was major but they did not abandon the core program. That is Skylum's big mistake.

The more they see that there are plenty of disappointed people, people who feel cheated with their phony promise of migration, they might sit up and take notice.

One other thing. When their representative says, "Thank you for your suggestion. I'll pass it on to the developers," that is an insult.

Richard Venneman

Dear Alan Siberlight;

it seems I spoke to soon. I do apologize for my premature statement.

Richard Venneman 

Alan Silberlight

Thank you, Richard. No harm done and I do appreciate that. Skylum built a loyal fan base and then disregarded them. 

Here are some reviews:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/luminar-ai-review

https://shotkit.com/luminar-ai-review/

https://www.naturettl.com/luminar-ai-review/

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2020/11/18/luminar-ai-review/

No one can say that it is a bad program but it is not for the individual who enjoys the creative process. And of course, Skylum should never have said that the Looks in Luminar 4 migrated as Templates to Luminar AI. Skylum would have done better developing two different programs. This would have satisfied their fan base and would have given them many more customers who want the program to do it all for them.

Thank you again.

Daniel Stepnik

When I get to My Collection, the items below are greyed and I can't click on them

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys! If the looks from Luminar 4 are still not visible in Luminar AI, please reach our support team at http://skylum.com/support and we will make sure to help you out!

Please sign in to leave a comment.