Good start, but there are things to fix ASAP/Some Problems

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Stefan Uhlig

I couldn't agree more. They sell looks fir quite substantial money and then they abandon Luminar 4 and want you to buy new looks now called templates again. I will never again buy any looks again.

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi Andreas Epmeier,

1. It's under the Pro tab: https://prnt.sc/w1vw5p

2.The looks from Luminar 4 should have been migrated to LuminarAI automatically. Make sure you have installed them in Luminar 4.

Here's how to find Luminar 4 looks in LuminarAI

3. The Templates in the Legacy section will be organized into one general list, including both purchased and custom Luminar 4 looks. 

4. When you first open a photo, LuminarAI will suggest editing Templates. You now have three choices:

1. Choose one of the options as presented.
    2. Customize the strength of the Template with one slider.
    3. Click the Edit button and see all the tools in use. You can now modify, customize and add whatever you want with our extensive editing toolset.

You can save skies, objects under templates, but couldn't do it within the looks.

5. I will forward you feedback about the preview function to the team.

Could you please send us a screenshot of your current display settings?

Right-click any empty space on your desktop > Display settings. Send us a screenshot of the window that opens.

Then, set the Change the size of text, apps, and other items dropdown to 100%, if it's not set to 100 yet.
    Restart your computer and launch Luminar AI.

Roy Blackwell

I would hope at some point they release a tool to convert looks (that we may not currently have installed in L4) into templates (ltc files). Maybe such a tool would also let us organize them in a meaniful way.

Kahwen Hsiao

Nowadays many Windows OS notebook computers use some extend of scaling so it's easier to view the content on smaller displays, so having to set the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" to 100% is not really a feasible solution for many. Hope it gets fixed in the release version (was having the same issue with the three beta versions, including the GM version).

Andreas Epmeier

Hello Elena Blum,

as I said the Problem is not that the old looks are gone or something, it is more of a problem that they are not sorted in any way, not grouped as before, that there is no way to import them after the installation of Luminar AI and that there is no previes like in L4, not for old Looks and not for the new looks.

The chromatic aberration ist a strange thing. I opened a folder with RAW and jpeg in a subfolder and set the view to show only RAW. And what I got was the jpegs. After loading a single RAW chromatic aberration worked(or better I could see the option).

Where can I save my own skies or objects? A folder structure would be nice. For skies I have already found the custom skies folder and it worked. Where are the LUTs aand objects??

As you see in the screenshots, my settings are at 100% and I can say that there is no software which changes the dpi or visibility of fonts or something else. I can only reach the submenus that open on the right side with my keyboard. On another computer I can use my graphic tablet to reach the submenus.

Another thing worries me. Why are debug dll(System.Diagnostics.Debug.dll), open source compiler dll(Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.VisualBasic.dll from Roslyn) and other dll from .Net in your program folder. When there is debug code inside your program, this will impact the performance of your software. And why are you have parts of the .NET SDK/.NET core in your program folder? Under some circumstances this could produce problems with other installed .NET SDKs or frameworks. And it looks like you released a development version of your software.

So Here we go again.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Andreas Epmeier,

The files are generated by Chromium — the engine that we use to render some parts of dialog windows (like Version Update etc). As far as the program runs without any other problems, there's nothing to be worried about.

As to organizing your items, such as skies, objects, templates, I will make sure to pass your feedback to our team, so maybe we can implement this in the future.

Andreas Epmeier

Hello Elena O'Brien,

hag not expected that this is part of the chromium engine. Interesting decision to use this engine. Good choice for crosplatform development.

But what about the mouse problem? 

If you search the internet, then you will see many posts with the same or similar problems, because the chromium engine has some problem with mouse scrolling and vanishing mouse pointers. This is an actual problem with the chromium engine and Win10.
    I can reproduce the problem with the chrome browser. The mouse pointer vanishes after a while and reappears only after moving the mouse and clicking mouse buttons.
    A workaround is to disable hardware acceleration in the chrome browser. But I'm not sure if this could work in Luminar AI(there is no option for this), but it is a hint where to start looking for the problem. If I find something that could help, I post it here.   

When I searched through the directories I found the most places to put my own skies, objects or LUTs or own lens files to replace the iris. :-)

But not everyone has the knowledge do dig through directories or search for them.

Why don*t you release a list or an overview where we can put our own files or integrate a function(external Tool?) to import them? This could also be a way to check if the imported files are correct or have a wrong format or size.

I know that this could generate a massive amount of support requests if something goes wrong, but I think if you support this function you can keep control of it more than if everyone tried to copy the files by themselves .

For the other request it would be a good first step to sort the imported looks alphabetically and/or group them or let us create our own groups(could be based on the directory names). A second useful step could be a preview for old and new looks like in Luminar 4. So we can see what happens when we add looks to the AI templates. So it becomes much more easier for everyone to see which results we receive with the different looks. So the overall process of developing and altering our pictures would be more visualized in every step we could take.

And last but not least I hope for a tool to import old looks bought on other shops or created by other people into Luminar AI, because there are many really good looks out there which where used before ans which we would miss.

with kind regards,

Andreas

Please sign in to leave a comment.