Comments

10 comments

d c

I have no clue, i can't find them.. 

It is sad, yes bring them back please

Comment actions Permalink
    Stefan Uhlig

Guys, this version of Luminar is for beginners. That is why they dropped layers, luminosity masks and the small mask previews.

Elena Blum

Hi Wiel Paquay,

Luminosity mask is not available in Luminar AI. Nevertheless, I will forward your request to the team in charge.

lyle johnson

Is there a workaround? I'm a layers user. I was under the impression that there were ways to accomplish the same things that people use layers for.

Wiel Paquay

Yes you can make local adjustments but not with a luminosity mask

ibon zabala

From what it seems the local settings have been practically eliminated. You can't work with layers (including luminosity masks would be perfect). An easy application for beginners should not be at odds with eliminating basic sections such as layers.
    Are you planning to improve this aspect?

marc labro

Hi skylum team,

we need luminosity masking and better one than Luminar 4 with more sliders.

you cannot remove basic foundations that way ! have never seen that in ON1, adobe, dxo, topaz, nik, capture one...

we can't toggle between luminar 4 and luminar ai.

can you imagine that lot of users, except the new features (sky objects, sky replacement, smart contrast), prefer luminar 3 with its 52 filters, multi occurences in same stack, smarttone, luminosity masks... ? worflow with all your icon and submenus takes 10 times more time to process images. I am using ON1 PR2021 and it is more powerful due to its "open" structure. you can do all you want without limitations.

We are looking for a substitute to lightroom+photoshop so we need that power and for beginners who like one click effect, they just not use the advanced tabs on each filter.

marc

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

I will pass on your request regarding Luminosity Masks to our tech team for further consideration once again.

Thanks for trying to make Luminar better!

Wayne Gallagher

Agree, luminace masks have always been a big part of my work flow no matter the software package I am using, would really like to see luminance masks in Luminar AI

marc labro

i come back to this topic. Luminosity masks (or simplified luminance and color ranges like lightroom) are a unique way to select and protect zones.

I just tried to dodge stones and rocks and i lightened the cracks between stones loosing contrast,... and I couldn't protect the dark tones. Lot of examples like that creating frustration in luminar ai.

marc

Please sign in to leave a comment.