harry bishop

Same problem

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson - Same problem

Robert Martin

Me too. I get errors from the plugin LR  manager:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/Luminar ᴬᴵExport.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
    ExportInit.lua:8: '=' expected near '·'

**** Error 2

An error occurred while attempting to start the plugin.

**** Error 3

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.

**** Error 4

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
    ExportServiceProvider.lua:23: unexpected symbol near '·'

**** Error 5

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.
    ExportServiceProvider.lua:23: unexpected symbol near '·'

Robert Martin

I'm using LR classic 10.0 under Catalina.

Same here. “This plug-in is enabled but has encountered problems “ also Luminar installed but may not work.

Dave Johnson

Same with me.

Larry Alania

Does not install as a plugin to PS CS6.  Uninstalled, and reinstalled as an administrator, and still is not a plug in.

Seems ok as freestanding app.

Joe Bailey

Anyone had any luck with the plugin for Mac? Coming up with error message - 'could not load post-processing filter.' App working on its own. Does anyone know the best workaround until it is fixed?

To add to my woes Luminar ai keeps crashing after a few seconds. Are the problems being caused by using the new MacBook Pro with Big Sur?

Jeannie Holden

same problem, very frustrating.  It does show up in Lightroom but won't open.  It doesn't even show up in Photoshop.

Not a very good start to what is supposed to be an amazing product!!!  Waiting to hear from tech support.

Robert McQuinn

You would think that the developers would TEST the installation of their product on the inevitable various products like PS, LRC, etc as a plugin BEFORE releasing it. We're beta testers I guess. The launch of the standalone app still takes an abnormal amount of time - 4x that of PS or LRC. First time I've seen the beach ball spinning in years.

As you said, not a great way to start out. Not very professional. On the other hand Luminar 4 still works well. So far I am not impressed with LuminarAI (the stand alone app). Very weird not working with layers. But that's off topic lol

Marco Pieralisi

Same here, I can see it in LRc as a plug in but won't load. Works as a standalone, but for now cannot be part of my workflow.

Kirk Osborn

Please try the following:

1. Make sure Lightroom/Photoshop is not running. If the app was running, reboot your MAC before proceeding. 
    2. In the top menu click LuminarAI > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom/Photoshop.
    4. Reboot your Mac.
    5. In the top menu click Luminar 4 > Install Plugins.
    6. Click Install next to Lightroom/Photoshop.

You may be prompted to enter your Mac user password at some point, please do so.

Robert McQuinn

Kirk...

If I am reading your message correctly (I think I am) #5:In the top menu click Luminar 4 > Install Plugins

You're telling me to install the AI plugin that I should click on Luminar 4 plugins.

That makes no sense to me, unless you meant that to state Luminar AI

Elena Blum

Hi Robert McQuinn,

Here are the right steps:

1. Make sure Lightroom/Photoshop is not running. If the app was running, reboot your MAC before proceeding. 
    2. In the top menu click LuminarAI > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom/Photoshop.
    4. Reboot your Mac.
    5. In the top menu click LuminarAI > Install Plugins.
    6. Click Install next to Lightroom/Photoshop.

If it doesn't help please reach out to us: https://skylum.com/support

Robert McQuinn

Hi Elena Blum

Thanks for the clarification. This process successfully installed the plugins. Hopefully your development team will correct the installation process before you release this on the 15th.

Speed is another issue - but I will update my other thread about the horrible amount of time it takes for this application//plugins to launch compared to PS, LRC, Perfectly Clear 3, Topaz DeNoise and Topaz Sharpen AI. It is so slow I do not see me using this in my workflow, unless it's standalone, which is rare for me.

Patrice Bellot

Hi,

Same problem here but resolved (Mac OS, LR 10.1). It seems it comes from a bug in the installer that put a wrong name to the plugin. 

Details:  Luminar AI Installer put a **not working** (wrong name?) Luminar ᴬᴵExport plugin in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules.

Solution:

In Luminar AI App / Install Plugins, I **uninstalled** the plugin and then reinstall it (without rebooting). 

Now I can see LuminarAIExport plugin (and not Luminar ᴬᴵExport) in the directory I mentioned above. I just deleted the previously installed plugin and everything works well now. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.