Pinned Completed

Comments

30 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

For everyone who still faces this issue:

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try the following:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your Mac before proceeding. 
    2. In the top-bar menu click Luminarᴬᴵ > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom
    4. Reboot your Mac and launch Luminarᴬᴵ.
    5. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > Install Plugins.
    6. Click Install next to Lightroom.

You may be prompted to enter your Mac user password at some point, please do so.

If this doesn't help, please, reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a more effective way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Rich

I am having the same issue, I see the Luminar AI from LR, when I try to launch, nothing is happening. I am on a Mac, I have not upgraded to BIG SUR yet. My Mac is up to date. 

Alberto De Leon

Same thing happens to me. Luminar 4's plugin is working fine but Luminar Ai's plugin from Lightroom Classic not working at all.

Robert Martin

Same here and I posted the the other threat too. LR plugin manager lists it as disabled. If I enable it gets and error. This is the log file:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/Luminar ᴬᴵExport.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
    ExportInit.lua:8: '=' expected near '·'

**** Error 2

An error occurred while attempting to start the plugin.

**** Error 3

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.

**** Error 4

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.
    ExportServiceProvider.lua:23: unexpected symbol near '·'

**** Error 5

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.
    ExportServiceProvider.lua:23: unexpected symbol near '·'

Kim Porter

I'm having the same problem with the plug-in creating a new file in preparation for editing, but Luminar ai never launches.  I'm running Big Sur and the latest version of LR Classic

Wayne Gillespie

Same deal here on both my iMac a MacBook pro.  I can drag and drop into Luminar but then there is no connection to return to LR or PS.

Robert Martin

I decided to try the 'Install Plugins' from the 'Lumina AI' menu (rather than the one from the main window). I uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked. I had tried this at least three times earlier but from the menu on the main UI window - which didn't work. So, I can now use AI as a plugin for LR and PS. 

Robert Martin

Hey, the plugin name is slightly different and a friend just reported that he got a message that a plugin had been updated. I think Skylum may have fixed the issue.

Steve Rich

THANK YOU Robert, both Lightroom and Photoshop can now see Luminar AI. 

As Robert mentioned, the plugins had to be installed, Open Luminar AI as Roberts picture shows, and select Install Plugins. Luminar must have sent out the fix. I shut down Photoshop and Lightroom, when I reopened both were working with Luminar. Watch closely in Lightroom, there are TWO Luminar AI. It looks like the Luminar with the SMALL AI was the issue, the new export preset has capital letters AI. 

Steve

Penny Polakoff

Robert, I did as you suggested and now the Luminar Ai plugin works from LR. Steve, you are correct in that I also se two Luminar Ai's. One works and one does not.

Alberto De Leon

Same here, I installed plug-ins from Luminar Ai and now it works from Lightroom. Since this intallation named it differently, I deleted the other one that didn’t work, easy to identify.

Wayne Gillespie

Thanks guys.  That did the trick.  

Barrie Barrington

As the originator of this thread, I would like to thank all who helped. Problem solved for me.

Steve Rich

Thank you Barrie, solved for me as well. Working great inside LR and Photoshop.

Steve Martarano

I downloaded AI this morning and it's not working for me, even after uninstalling and then installing the plug-ins, on both MacBook and iMac. It makes a copy of the file but then AI won't launch.

Austin Miller

Hello Steve.

Manually installing the plugin should help:

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
    2. In Finder, please click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software/LuminarAI/Plug-ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is LuminarAIPlugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to Applications/your_version_of_Phothoshop/Plug-ins/Filters/
    4. Copy LuminarAIPlugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Launch Photoshop and see if you have Luminar AI under Filter > Skylum Software.

Lightroom:

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software/LuminarAI/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate - https://prnt.sc/w29di0 
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

You may be asked whether you'd like to overwrite the existing file in the folder or keep both, choose to overwrite in all cases.

Let us know how it goes!

David Kennedy

I too am having problems exporting from Lightroom to Luminar AI. I tried the steps listed above and Lightroom does not show Luminar Ai as an external editor. Luminar 4 is still there. I'm not sure what to do at this point.. 

David Kennedy

I did manage to go back into Luminar AI and reset the plug-ins and now I see Luminar AI in the external editor list in LR Classic. However, when I go to edit in Luminar AI the program fails to respond. I have tried now to go back to Luminar AI as a stand-a-lone program but it does not respond. 

Marc Vigod

I did what Robert suggested and installed from the Luminar menu from the window and not the menu bar.  Both installed and now appear properly along with the Luminar 4 which was the only one showing before.  thanks for the fix!

James Mahaney

Well that was an easy fix.  Followed the very clear instructions from Helena Carter.  Thank you!

Sigrid Kleinecke

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Luminar AI wird mir zwar als Plugin in Lightroom gezeigt, öffnet aber nicht. In Photoshop bekomme ich es erst garnicht angezeigt. 
    Ich kann auch eigene Presets nicht benennen weil sich der Name unten rechts (eigene Vorlage) nicht ändern lässt. Und ich brauche definitiv deutschen Support. Danke schonmal vorab.

Robert Paul

Stupid that problems start right away. I don't really feel like doing all of this manually. It should be possible to do it automatically. The plugin doesn't work for me!

Robert Paul

Uninstall - Install doesn't work either ...

Robert Paul

This directory does not exist on my Mac.

Click Go> Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~ / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / External Editor Presets /

I have finally managed to get the Lightroom Luminar AI plugin installed (annoying not to be able to get rid of the previous small AI version which is greyed out so cannot remove) but when I go to a photo and choose Photo>Edit in, the option for Luminar AI is not showing. How do i fix this please?

Also tried File>Export with preset and chose Luminar A1 but nothing happens. Edit: OK I tried this second option again and it worked. Any reason why it is still not showing in the Edit In> option though?

Jay Maynard

^ Member, where you able to get this addressed? I have the same issue. 

No I haven't got a reply or solved the problem. Instead, I have to use File>Export which works fine.

Jay Maynard

Thanks 

Julian Nguyen

Running on Big Sur. Issue was solved thanks to Austin Miller's comment about manually installing. Overrode whatever existing versions of the .lrplugin and .lrtemplate that were in place. Restarted computer, opened Lightroom, and finally the LuminarAI Plugin was automatically enabled in Lightroom Preset Manager. 

Glad this was a solution, but quite annoying that the Install Plugin feature from the Menu Bar wasn't working as expected. I uninstalled the plugin from LuminarAI as the "Official Solution" of this thread states, but then why were there versions of the .lrplugin and .lrtemplate for me to overwrite if it was uninstalled?

Please mark Austin Miller's comment as the official solution!

Please sign in to leave a comment.