Will LuminarAI have a plugin for Affinity Photo?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Bob Shrader

This is something we requested long ago in Luminar 4. I hope the answer to Member's question is yes.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

The current Skylum response is that Luminar AI only supports Photoshop, Lightroom and Apple Photos. As a Windows user I have Luminar working as a plugin for Affinity Photo. It is my understanding that Mac users have not been able to get it to work.

Bob Shrader

You're absolutely correct, Roy. We Mac users have been relegated to the rear of the bus.

Bob

Elena Blum

Hi,

The interactions of these two apps are not documented officially both for MacOS and Windows.

Bob Shrader

For Mac:

I did find that Luminar AI will run as a plugin in the German (English language version) photo editor PhotoLine. From PhotoLine, navigate to Library -> Application Support -> Skylum Software -> Luminar AI -> Plugins.

Ken Godbille

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses!  I am in the Mac camp, myself. 

I appreciate the PhotoLine tip, Bob!  I'll give it a try.

Would be nice if Skylum chimes in at some point.

Kenneth

William Allen

As Roy said, it works in Windows... I can confirm that.... and you don't have to manually create directories in the program files / common files section...  just include installing the photoshop plugins (check box) when you install Luminar so the .8bi files exist... and point Affinity to the Base Luminar Directory. Make sure Affinity is set to look for "unknown plugins" in the preferences.

I believe Skylum did answer you... Ms. Blum's post, I think.

That said, I do wish that they would officially support Affinity Photo for a Luminar AI plugin.  I'm scared to patch Luminar in case that functionality gets broken.

Please sign in to leave a comment.