Can't Open Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

125 comments

Ginger Murray

I just bought this today and it appears that I'm not the only one with this issue. A HUGE disappointment!! If this doesn't get fixed fast...I'm asking for a refund...they do have their 30-day guarantee...

Comment actions Permalink
    Ray Alström

Ginger Murray  a HUGE disappointment indeed. Of course we'd expect a refund if this doesn't get fixed, but that's not going to satisfy my disappointment. I'd rather have LuminarAI WORKING than a refund!

Bruno Pinto

So, again ? the same as with the luminar 4?
    Ive installed on a toshiba tecra w50, it's an i7 and it worked, hadn't had time to test it, but, worked. On my desktop, ryzen 5 5600, doesn't open ?

:(

Dan Dunnum

This reminds me of a project that I worked on before I was forced to retire due to health issues.  There were about 5 programmers and they all worked on a VM, and they managed "managed" the project using a tool called Carousel.   We met 3 times a week.  I was the guy that had final approval and also broke the program...  I hate two phrases.  "We have a new build" and "It works on my machine",  

This is Déjà vu all over again.  Seems someone needs to get a handle on this...

Helena Carter

Hello,

We're really sorry some of you still facing this issue. We really want to help you with this. Thus, for us to provide you the most effective help, lease, reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you.

Please, note that usually, we reply within 24 hours, however, due to Luminarrelease, we receive a great number of emails, thus, it might take us a bit longer to get back to you. however, we want to assure you that we reply to each and every request we receive.

Dan Dunnum

Helena Carter, I have reached out. I got one reply.  I did as directed and found no change or any reply to the last note that I sent, including the the pdf of my system. 

I have the same issue. I couldn't start it

Erika Humke

I'm on a Mac. Finally thought I could work with it tonight (so excited!). Complete fail, won't launch!!! So disappointed. 

I stumbled across this fix and it actually worked quite well. I think I went through these steps a couple times and yep, worked finally. Open Luminar as stand alone then I followed this steps:

1. 1 Make sure Lightroom is not running. If the app was running, reboot your Mac before proceeding. 
    2. In the top-bar menu click Luminarᴬᴵ > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom (If it says install, click and it will toggle to uninstall)
    4. Reboot your Mac and launch Luminarᴬᴵ.
    5. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > Install Plugins.
    6. Click Install next to Lightroom.

You may be prompted to enter your Mac user password at some point, please do so.

If this doesn't help, please, reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a more effective way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Martin Lewis

Been trying everybody's suggestions, no luck! Luminar AI just wont launch.

So many hours spent trying to get this to work.

Not sure if this is an issue.

When I install my percentage starts at 21% then creeps along. Fails a few times telling me I have no internet but we get there in the end. Then I go to open and I get the spinning icon for 1sec and that is my Luminar AI experience.

I am no longer angry, just very tired and disappointed....

Margaret Bright

Hi Martin,

Please try this full installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_Release.msi 

If it doesn't help, please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please try resetting your hosts file back to the default value: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default 

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/0cf4050f5e3a4551880bbd0eb2ea0684 

Martin Lewis

Thank you Margaret
    I will keep you posted

Dan Dunnum

Well, I got another build and another method to fix my issue...  Here is what Elena outlined.  It did not work for me, but maybe it might work for someone else. 

Let's try reinstalling LuminarAI . Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall Luminar.

How to uninstall an app on Windows 10 (click this text to open link).

Clear your registry:

• Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
    • Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    • Launch CCleaner.
    • Click Registry on the left.
    • Click Scan for Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
    • After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
    • Close CCleaner.

Reboot your PC.

Download the latest version of LuminarAI from here: 

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/installer/win/LuminarAISetup.exe

Once the installer has finished downloading, locate it in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save it), right-click the file, and click Run As Administrator. A prompt might appear asking you whether you wish to confirm your action, click Yes and wait for the installer to load. Then, follow the instructions on the screen.

I really hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Sharjeel Khan

I've tried what Margaret Bright suggested to Martin Lewis. I've tried what Dan Dunnum suggested. I've tried the following what the support team suggested in the email:

Hi Sharjeel,

Thanks for reaching us about this.

Please ensure the following:

If there are any updates for your Windows operating system, install them. Check this article if you need help with that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Ensure that you have all the components that are essential for the operation of our software:

In case the steps above didn't help, could you please provide us with .NET Runtime logs too?

1. Reproduce the crash.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email"

Nothing has worked so far.

At this point, I am beyond frustrated. This is ridiculous now.

Josef Havranek

The same as the rest of guys - Luminar AI doesn't work at all. Great disappointment after such a long time of waiting. 

Dan Dunnum

Margaret Bright,

I found that I had a similar issue with Luminar4.  I had forgotten the experience.  Below is what I sent to support.  I am copying you here because you folks here seem more responsive. I am still having an issue.

I think I may have diagnosed the problem I am having with downloading and installing Luminar AI.  It seems I had a very similar problem when downloading and installing Luminar 4.  

I tried repeatedly with that file downloading it and deleting it and trying again.  I was even given the exact same directions to clean up my registry with "CCleaner", uninstalling Luminar 4 and rebooting the computer.  
    I followed these directions several times, but it did not work. I finally received a special link that took me to a file "Luminar4setup_ofline" that was 729,902 KB instead of the 2897KB of the "Luminar4Setup" link that I had been using.  

The much larger file did work.  when I ran it.  It did take some time but it worked.  

It was interesting reading the old emails. The setup file was doing pretty much everything this setup file is doing.  The only difference is that it is not crashing.  It just fails to load.  Maybe I could benefit from a "LuminarAIsetup_ofline"

Just a thought.
    Ray Alstrom

Apparently, as per Skylum support, my problem lies with my CPU, specifically my AMD A6-3620 APU processor. Evidently, when Skylum said you need an Intel iCore 5 or AMD Ryzen processor, they meant it. LuminarAI downloads and installs fine on my machine, but it refuses to launch. I guess I'm locked into Luminar 4 until I can afford a new machine. It's going to have to be more than the ability to use LuminarAI to get me to purchase a new machine, though. Amazing that this is the 1st software that has ever refused to run on this machine... including all things Adobe & Corel....

Josef Havranek

Thanks to all responded. I'm not gonna buy new "iron" because of AI, for sure. Especially when the rest of applications works fine... For my money I'm waiting for some update solving that issue!

Helga Rowles

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting our support team. We will get back to you soon.

Barry Schwartz

I payed for use on 2 computers.  It opened on my windows 10 laptop, but not on my windows 10 desktop.  same configuration.   I received tech support help which told me to delete the software, run cc cleaner and clear the registry, and redownload, then open using right click to run/open as administrator.  It still did not work.  I again restarted the pc, but still does not work. I hope they solve the problems soon.

Ray Alstrom

Barry Schwartz may I ask what your CPU processor is on your desktop? If it's not an Intel iCore 5 or 7 or AMD Ryzen you're probably not going to get LuminarAI to run.

Carl Lum

Adding my voice to the complaints. I just tried installing Luminar AI today. The installation appeared to complete properly. But when I try to launch, I get an incomplete home screen and it just stays there. Tried running the repair option, but same thing.

Skylum has botched the rollout of this heavily-hyped release. 

*** UPDATE DEC 22 *** I finally got Luminar AI to install and run, after I uninstalled, ran a registry clean, rebooted, and then reinstalled.

Dan Dunnum

I surrendered today.  I did this kind of work before I was disabled, and my teams knew if the programs didn't work we couldn't sell product.

For me photography and post-processing is supposed to be fun.  This IS NOT fun.  Looking for a refund and movin' on.

Probably no one will ever read this, but the latest Windows Update resolved the problem for me. I never uninstalled, cleared registers or deactivated antivirus.

It seems it is just a matter of the .NET Framework changes. Maybe I am wrong. Cheers

Dan Dunnum

@Member, I did this, and it did not work.  I wish it had.

JOe Amodei

I have done everything they have posted. My guess is the put out an inferior produce so they could charge our credit cards before the end of the year and collect money for something that does not work for a lot of people.

in addition they will not respond when you ask for help so terrible!...been waiting 7 days now for someone to help me.

JOe Amodei

Just update your windows.............. then it will works !!!! thank you to the group member that told us to to this . could have been waiting months to hear from Skylum

Dave Wallin-Eddy

Just downloaded and installed AI on my desktop...well, "just" meaning about 3 hours ago. Did not open at all. SO I have been looking over this thread and tried/down everything including the Uninstall and reinstall and repairing the reg entries Does nothing still so trying one more uninstall and and install to see.

Should note Luminar 4.x runs fine, latest updated installed just now.

As with others more than frustrated right now. Hopefully there will be some sort of patch sooner than later.

Dave Wallin-Eddy

UPDATE - still will not run but in the applications logs for Errors, under LuminarAI, is this: "Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\uctbase.dll"

Bruno Pinto

I'm still waiting for it to work.
    I have a AMD Ryzen 5
    16gb
    And doesn't work any way.
    Now it asks for email, but then, internal error

Please sign in to leave a comment.