Can't Open Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

125 comments

Mark Altmeyer

Unfortunately it's still not starting and 100 percent CPU.

Comment actions Permalink
    Scott Baker

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle should receive a free copy of Luminar AI for windows for solving this problem

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Scott Baker You are right! 🤣

Mickael Ahouansou

Then, PAul-Andre's tip allowed me to start the program. But now here is what I get when he starts. No login, grayed menus, no access to photos, no activation on the Skylum side. Great, really great

Kirk Osborn

We have released an update that should fix this issue.

Please reinstall your copies of Luminar.

Thank you!

Mark Altmeyer

Hi Kirk,

I installed the update earlier today and the same thing happens.

Mickael Ahouansou

Yes, the problem I was describing came from an installation made today. Kirk I unpacked the program and reinstalled it after your suggestion. But I have exactly the same problem as described in my post above. Launching luminar AI, but I can't do anything about it. Windows familly 64 bits, nividia 1080Ti, core i7 8700K, 32 Gigas of ram

Ray Alström

I don't think moving LuminarAISetup.exe to the root directory solved anyone's issue. For those of you saying it solved your issue I'm fairly certain what happened was a coincidence. Moving to C:\ root and running the install simply rain the latest Skylum install with the latest iteration that Skylum posted. Each time you run install, the routine installs all the files from the cloud instead of the traditional fully packed download file on your machine's hard drive.That's why downloading LuminarAISetup.exe is several seconds but running the install is several minutes. 

In any event. The latest iteration released earlier today as a "fix" managed to get LuminarAI working on some machines, but not all. Mine is one of the non-working machines. It installs, but it won't run. It tries to run, it shows up in the Task Manager, the CPU max's out at 100 followed by disappearing from Task Manager and the CPU returning to a normal load.

Windows App log:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 12/12/2020 7:32:33 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Ray-HP-Pavilion
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Luminar AI.exe, version: 1.0.0.7348, time stamp: 0x5dedc13b
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x43cbc11d
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000007287e
    Faulting process id: 0x19d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d0ef7a2f7f46
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Luminar AI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: 0c7f9a7b-c807-4614-834d-54f68408cdfc
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-12-13T01:32:33.8993987Z" />
    <EventRecordID>49732</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Ray-HP-Pavilion</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Luminar AI.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.7348</Data>
    <Data>5dedc13b</Data>
    <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.19041.546</Data>
    <Data>43cbc11d</Data>
    <Data>c0000409</Data>
    <Data>000000000007287e</Data>
    <Data>19d8</Data>
    <Data>01d6d0ef7a2f7f46</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Luminar AI.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data>
    <Data>0c7f9a7b-c807-4614-834d-54f68408cdfc</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Elena Blum

Hi ,

Ensure that you have all the components that are essential for the operation of our software:

In case the steps above didn't help, please contact us  https://skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Mark Altmeyer

Still no luck after ensuring all components were installed. Email sent.

Ryan Watts

Ok, I finally fixed this crash on open issue on mac. 

Not sure if this solution works on PC. 

Basically the CPU is spiking when its trying to update the catalog. and crashes the entire application. 

For me in my Home Directory / Pictures you'll find the Luminar AI Catalog, delete or backup that file then re-open and it should ask you to create a new catalog. 

Once you create the new catalog simply add the files back to that directory and all should be good. 

Mark Altmeyer

Made no difference on Windows for me. Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys! Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support if any issues persist and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Allen Winiski

With all of all having the problem of not being able to start AI after downloading I find it very hard to believe that Skylum is not able to reproduce the problem.  Looks to me like they are don't really care about us.  I am really upset by their lack of urgency.   This is getting to the point where I wonder is this whole AI release is fraudulent.  Do something dammit

Agatha Winter

Hi Allen,

I'm sorry if we gave you the wrong impression.

Thanks to multiple issue reports our users kindly provided us with, our technical team noticed that the issue with Luminar AI is connected with the old looks pack being moved from Luminar 2018/3 to Luminar 4. As my colleague has mentioned above, we have released an update that should fix this issue. Please reinstall your copy of Luminar and check if it launches properly. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support for further investigation. 

Dan Dunnum

Agatha Winter, when was the link updated, and where can we find it?  Can we use the link in our software list.  

Pamela Nathe

I sent my computer specs in to Skylum a few days ago, but still have not heard anything and I still cannot open Luminar AI. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? This is more than frustrating. I see that the program has now officially launched, so I must assume that there has been some progress, but if there is I haven't been notified. Is anyone else still unable to open the program?

Mark Altmeyer

Thank you Skylum support team, your recommendations via email solved the problem.

Agatha Winter

Hi Member - Please, check if you have LR plugin installed: close LR, start LuminarAI, go to LuminarAI > File > Install plugin > Install in front of LR.

Agatha Winter

Hi Mark - Glad to hear that! Hope you'll enjoy editing with Luminar AI :)

Agatha Winter

Hi Dan - You can use the download link available in your Skylum account.

Agatha Winter

Hi Pamela - As far as I can see, your request has already been processed by our support team. Kindly make sure to check your inbox and Spam folder. Thanks!

Dan Dunnum

Agatha Winter, I just uninstalled Luminar AI and went to my list of software, downloaded it and got the same results.  I assumed, based on your earlier post, that there was an updated file.  

Either the link in my software does not take me to that link or I still have a problem.  I have already updated all files I was directed to do, and when I downloaded and installed the file, again, nothing changed.  

There is one thing that is interesting to me.  The option to be added as a LR plugin is grayed out.  and EVERY time that I have downloaded the file to install after I get past the agreeing to terms and conditions etc... it starts at 21% rather than at 0%.  This is wearing me out.  

b olin

I am very interested in purchasing Luminar AI..  BUT if it doesn't run on so many machines then it would be a waste of my money to think that it would run on mine even though mine exceeds your required specs.  It seems that this has been a problem for quite some time.  AND it seems that either you, the developer doesn't care or just can't find and fix the problems. Not a good representation of your company.  This is all over the photo editing community of the internet and many people are watching.  Please fix it.  Keep us informed..  a lot of people are watching and waiting.

b olin
    Mark,  would you please post what was recommended by support that fixed the problem.  Thanks

I have the same issue. I couldn't start it.

Peter Stäblein

There seems to be a lot of trouble with installing Luminar AI. I've pre ordered it and got a download link today. I could download an installation file (4.062 KB in size) and tried to install the software with it. Nothing happens. No error message nothing. I'm using Windows 10

Allen Winiski

Welcome to the ever growing list of dissatisfied users

Rob Bowes

I'm on a Mac , in LR its doesnt open in "edit in" and no plug in in PS , also twice it has crashed my Mac twice by maxing out the cpu , I see lots of people are having issues , can't beleive this was release before fully testing , even worse I cant beleive I paid for rubbish software , where do I complain and get a refund !!!!!!!!!

Ray Alström

Today is official launch day. To me it's insult to injury day. Five days ago I was an early release candidate and promptly downloaded and installed LuminarAI. It wouldn't open. Skylum advisors on this forum said to make sure all C++ redistributables were installed. Check. Then make sure .NET is installed. Check. Then a supposed fix was posted so I uninstalled, downloaded and re-installed. Still won't open. I opened a support ticked with Skylum and received an automated email reply that my ticket was received and I'll receive a response promptly. That was three days ago. No response. Today is official launch day and more users are reporting that LuminarAI won't open. Supposedly, Skylum released yet another iteration that fixes the issue. I just uninstalled again, downloaded and reinstalled. My copy STILL won't run or open. I'm reading through photography forums to which I belong and sadly, Skylum's reputation is taking a big hit over this issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.