Can't Open Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

125 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Paul-Andre, 

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our end yet, but we are thoroughly studying the reports sent by our customers in order to find the root cause of the issue.
    As soon as we come up with a solution, we will post an update on forum.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Oh, I've tried reinstalling, repairing, re-installing all visual c++ version, all .net dot core version. I've tried about everything in the book. I've written on messenger and email too. No answer.

Roy Blackwell

I just received a Luminar AI update on my Windows 10 machine: from version 1.0.0 (7326) to version 1.0.0 (7338). Can't say what has changed. I did not have the can't start problem.

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Ive received it too on my laptop (for some unknown reason it work on my laptop!) And i even tried to copy the luminar directory to my pc. I tried EVERYTHING and lost a good 3 hours of time today

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Helga Rowles What is funny is I even ask to be a beta tester like 1-2 months ago... EXACTLY FOR THOSE kinds OF ISSUES. How come you didn't test the software on more computers and find those problems! When I launch a new product, I always do beta testing first and make sure of the stability. Anyway, I guess I'll wait for weeks now as your reputation (Skylum) is really bad on the market.

Pamela Nathe

Joining the crowd here. I just received the download link, I downloaded. Won't Open. Uninstalled Luminar AI. Downloaded CC cleaner, although I'm not sure why as I have McAfee LiveSafe which cleans registries ... rebooted, ran as administrator ... and still won't launch. This is more than frustrating and I am so disappointed. I am running Windows 10 with 12 gigs of Ram - Intel I5 CPU and 64 bit operating system, so this should work. HELP

Dan Dunnum

Luminar AI will not launch at all on my PC.  When I click the launch button at the end of the install, I get a momentary indication something is happening and then it quits. I have task manager open but luminar never shows up in the list of active programs.  I have tried the repair function twice on the first install attempt, and it did not work.  I tried using it a a plugin in PS and it did not work.  

I then uninstalled the original download and tried reinstalling the program and this time when I click  on the icon to start it the program shows up in Task Manager for about 5 seconds and uses 60% +/- of the CPU and disappears. I attempted a repair installation and I do not think it changed anything.  I did notice that it got about 90% of the CPU +/- but it did disappear.  

Not much fun to be on the early recipient list if it is simply the bleeding edge...  

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Yeah... A chance I asked to be a beta tester to them. They refused! Imagine if they would have let some of us be a beta tester 2-3 months ago! they would have found those problems earlier and not when releasing! It's a shame really. I'm working in software and game development and this is unacceptable. Like I said... I would have been fire to release something not working on sooo many windows machines.

Fausto Abril

Same thing here...just piss me off!!!!!!

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

A shame... will be my last time buying a Skylum product... I'm here since luminar 3. Really tried to give them a chance but after 3 years they are the same... Slow performance, full of bug... and now this

Sharjeel Khan

Dan Dunnum, I have the same issue. I couldn't start it. I tried it with Lightroom and Photoshop plugins, and without plugins, the software wouldn't start. I uninstalled it and now can't even install it! Get an error that "something went wrong". This is beyond frustrating and should be addressed ASAP! 

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

So let me guess I will not have it for the week-end? Helga Rowles 

Oscar L

Hi! I've been diagnosing the issue for a client of mine. The problem for him is his CPU, a Phenom II X4 965.

Seems like OpenVINO (Skylum should know what this is) as built for Luminar AI requires at least SSE4.1 or SSE4.2, I haven't tested which one yet. Newer processors support those extensions and run, older ones, especially those from AMD don't and don't even show the main loading screen.

I'm currently on my way to check whether OpenVINO is the only thing blocking it for my client and if it can be rebuilt succesfully, but it's not a priority since he's planning on changing his computer soon.

Also, Skylum, if you're not doing this yet, use the appropiate functions to create minidump files on crashes and send them to your servers for further analysis. And, please provide good logging or, at least, a MessageBox when something essential for your software fails to initialize.

EDIT: For more info, this has been pretty much confirmed by running the software on his system under the Intel Software Development Emulator, where it runs slowly but shows the main window as it should.

JESUS GARCIA

I have the same issue. I couldn't start it.

Mickael Ahouansou

Same issue. No start

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

We all have pretty standard windows 10 setup I presume! Good job skylum with beta testing and making sure of a good launch!

Mickael Ahouansou

Personally I have a Windows 10 family edition. A core i7 8700k, several SSD, 32 gigas of ram and a 1080 TI. That the software undergoes updates at launch I can understand. But the fact that it doesn't run on so many machines is really disappointing...

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Windows 10 pro, 32 gig ram, gtx 1080.

Scott Baker

Downloaded the new Luminar AI

I should of looked here first. I just spent an hour with Microsoft tech support thinking my Win10 Pro PC was the problem.

Perhaps it should be Luminar AINT

Mark Altmeyer

Same thing here, guess no need to repeat the frustration.

Ray Alström

Well, my bubble has certainly been burst. I really (really!) like Luminar 4, so I've been waiting patiently for months now in anticipation of the release of LuminarAI. I downloaded it, installed it and launched it. POOF!!! Nothing. Nada. Zilch. A brief Windows 10 loading circle then that's all she wrote. No errors, no freeze, just nothing.

I'll admit, I don't have the spiffiest spec'd out machine... Windows 10 Pro, 8GB memory, AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, but I run Corel & Adobe graphic software with no problems - as well as Luminar 4.

So, we're not the privileged recipients of an early release - we're guinea pigs - beta testers to save Skylum from embarrassment on the day of the official launch of LuminarAI, huh? Skylum's got some fixin' or explainin' to do.

Oscar L

I've posted an interesting comment earlier (mainly of interest to Skylum), but it's still pending approval...

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

For anyone having a problem to install like me, I was able this morning to install it!! I dragged the installation file to my c:\ before installing. 

Try it and tell me if it works. 

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Ok ok... Skylum did a good job in enhancing the performance. It's at least 50% faster than before. I'm starting to get happy now. It's actually fast enough now. Luminar 4 was always too slow and I was losing a lot of time but now it's acceptable. Good job on that Skylum.

JESUS GARCIA

OK.  dragging the installation file to the root directory c:\ I can open it. First uninstall previous installation. Thanks Paul-Andre Belle-Isle, good work.

Fausto Abril

Jesus Garcia you're the MAN! thx, thx, thx for your imput! I did it just like you explained and problem solved! Gracias amigo!

Fausto Abril

Hey and for everybody else, do what Jesus Garcia explained it worked for me PERFECT! just drag your downloaded file or LuminarAISetup or exe. to your main drive or C drive and from there execute or open your LuminarAI file and will open and install the program in your PC....ohhh I am a happy camper, Thx again Jesus...me salvaste el dia, andaba arrancandome los pelos de la cabeza lol, thx man!

Mark Altmeyer

Moving to C didn't change a thing. Thanks for the input, though.

JESUS GARCIA

Thanks to Paul-Andre Belle-Isle. He is the author of the great idea. Not me. 

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Mark altmeyer try to uninstall first and restart your pc and copy to the root c of your drive

Please sign in to leave a comment.