Initial Reactions to Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Lynne Pariseau

with all the things you find objectionable, at least you were able to find things - I have NO idea where any of the tools are - or even if there are any!!  is there a crop tool?  I haven't spent much time on this yet, while it seems that you have.  after playing around with it on a photo I wanted to process, I ended up going back to Luminar 4 where I could find the tools I needed, and of course was able to make the adjustments in a reasonable time probably because L4 works so similarly to the previous Luminar programs..  I can't use Luminar AI as a plugin with Photoshop Elements - so there goes my workflow.   A manual would really help!!  obviously I'll hang in there for a while but so far, I'm feeling totally lost.  I need something to walk me through the program - the previous programs (L) seemed so simple.

I'm still hoping for some improvements 

Lynne

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi Norm, 
    Thanks for much for such a detailed feedback! I will be sure to share it with our product team.

I will be glad to answer your concerns.

You can switch to the Galery view by pressing the G key.
    You can scroll through the photos in your catalog by using the mouse wheel or the touchpad. However, if you want to select one of the photos, you will have to click on a photo or use the arrow keys. 
    The [ ] bracket keys should work with the English keyboard.

> When I went back to the catalog, it was flipped top to bottom. And stayed that way.  - I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with my own photos. Are you able to replicate it?
    If so, could you please provide our support team with the files that you're working with?

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at skylum.com/support

Thank you in advance!
    Norm Gilbert

Lynn:

Not sure you will see this reply.

They apparently didn't like what I wrote, so my comment is no longer public. Pending approval. Let's see if they approve it. If they do not approve it within 24 hours, or tell me what edit they think I should make, I will just file for my refund and move on, staying on Luminar 4 as long as possible. And starting to learn a different package for the day that Luminar 4 stops working.

Crop is now under COMPOSITION. It is actually very good, because it can now adjust geometry with one click and it suggests a crop that I found very acceptable.

Still plenty of deficiencies that make the program unacceptable to me.

Norm Gilbert

Hi Helga:

Before I send you the original photo, I want to send you two screenshots and give your team the opportunity to test it with any other photo. Because I don't thin the photo used as the background makes a difference.

The first screenshot is from the EDIT tab of Luminar AI, in Local Masking, after I have inserted the texture, zoomed all the way out, set it to fit, and changed the blend mode. Then I flipped it around, upside down and left and right. I am sure each of these actions created an entry in the history. But my last flip restored the lettering to normal, readable, right side up.

I then immediately came back to Catalog and took a screenshot. You can see that the image in the catalog does not match the last edit I made in the local masking tool. The texture is inverted. After quitting the program in this state last night, and restarting just now, the inverted texture was gone, the catalog now reflected the final state of the edit.

If you cannot duplicate this with an image of your own, let me know and I'll upload my original image, but I honestly do not believe that my image is the problem.

It is something in the code when an image is written out to the catalog that isn't happening until the catalog is re-read upon startup. You didn't catch it in beta testing because the circumstances that cause it are rare.

Choose and insert texture, fit to size, then transform by zooming out, then change blend mode, then flip the text ture around a lot, but return to the starting point, then look at the catalog tab.

Notice in the screen shots the time of day in the upper right hand corner. One was done right after the other.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and send us a link to this post so we could keep track of all the info you send us.

Norm Gilbert

Kirk....not sure what link you are requesting. Can you please clarify?

Please sign in to leave a comment.