Luminar 3 compatible to Big Sur?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Elena O'Brien

Hi Jonathan Chan

Right now, we are focused on the release of LuminarAI coming December, 15th. However, even though Luminar 3 is our legacy app and we no longer support it, our team is working on the compatibility update regardless, to make sure that you can still use your favorite application!

As of now, there's still no ETA for the compatibility update, but it is definitely coming, so stay tuned!

Thank you for understanding.

Comment actions Permalink
    Stephan Pirsch

Really, this is such a disgrace. Users of Luminar 3 have been plagued already with all the bugs and the lackluster performance of this product. Cutting them off without prior notice is really the icing of the cake. What do you expect from people who might need editing their photos? Go on holidays until it's fixed? I think you're feeling too comfortable under the umbrella of Adobe's policies. You'll lose a lot of customers acting like this. 

Andy Thomas

I agree with Stephan. I prefer the UX of Luminar 3 over Luminar 4, and am being penalized for it. I remember we had to wait about a year for CR3 support, and now this. I'm not paying $104 dollars to get Luminar 4 just to fix a bug.
    Skylum have lost my good will and my business.

Thomy Tulpe

Luminar 3, Luminar Flex (Dead by arrival) leave the stage without further infos or updates...

Only the same old pre-made answers, with no solution.

I'm a streetphotographer and I need no AI for "boosting" my photos...

Skylum the king of Up-selling ;-)

Petras Baronas

I feel cheated. Sorry for saying that. I bought  Luminar 3 straight before Luminar 4 came.  2 years waiting for updates. After Luminar 4 came all Luminar 3 users were told: don't worry Luminar 3 is a different product it continuously will get support and updates. Now you are telling:  we no longer support it? Dear Skylum please provide some opportunities for Luminar 3 clients ( flexible switch to Luminar 4 or so ) or just build a better final version of Luminar 3 which can work on Big Sur. Or Can I get my money back, please? 

Robert Emery

I bought Luminar 2018, Luminar 3, Luminar 4 and Luminar Flex.  Skylum had a lot of promises and a roadmap which turned out to be a marketing wishlist(pack of lies)  rather than an actual plan.  So I spent a bunch of money with them and was basically defrauded. They never updated the previous versions and forgot about real functions like metadata support, performance improvement, etc and focused on an overpriced artist plugin for sky enhancement in a new version that they are charging current owners of their software for. I was hoping for Lightroom replacement that they were promoting as Luminar. That for me was all money down the drain and I have now switched to Capture One which is an excellent product without the lies.  If you buy Luminar today as a plugin for sky replacement and think the price is OK and don't have all the preconceptions and money lost to Skylum from unkept promises you may be fine but do not listen to any promises about support, support of new versions of operating systems, or additional function  You will be sorely disappointed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.