Luminar AI wont open as a "PlugIn"

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Roy Blackwell

Geoff Stokes:

Re Photoshop Elements - copy the LuminarAI.8bf file to the PluginsExtra folder. Works in my PE 2021.

I also have Luminar AI working as a plugin in both Affinity Photo 1.8.5 and beta version 1.9.0.

Sadly, no way to use Luminar AI with Topaz AI apps.

Comment actions Permalink
    Geoff Stokes

All sorted, after uninstalling Photoshop Elements Plugin and then re-installing Luminar AI worked fine in both applications.

Robert Grenader

For others, here's the procedure for Windows10:

This solution has helped to fix the issue in most cases:

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed
    2. Right-click the Luminar AI icon and select Run As Administrator
    3. Click File > Install Plugins
    4. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop
    5. Reboot your PC
    6. Right-click the Luminar AI icon and select Run As Administrator
    7. Click File > Install Plugins
    8. Click Install next to Photoshop
    Lynne Pariseau

Love to see something like this for a Mac!!!

Vasya Omelchuk

Robert Grenader Thanks that helped :)

Charles Sage

Hi. I'm having the same issue and have tried all suggestions and methods in this and another post as well. Specifically, to be clear, I am an unable to use Luminar AI as a plugin with Photoshop Elements 2021. The process worked seamlessly between PSE 2021 and Luminar 4, to the point that it was a joy to use and was one reason behind my purchase of Laminar AI.

Anyway, not so much now and I can't make them work together at all. PSE 2021 is not listed as an option in the Install Plugins dialogue. I'll use the obvious workaround in the meantime, but would really like to have a functional plugin to use.

Thanks!

Lynne Pariseau

Hi  I received a reply from Skylum support - they gave me these steps to follow and miraculously they work (I had to do a lot of fiddling around because they gave me an incorrect folder name.  However it is installed but is as incredibly slow as starting up from the standalone Luminar AI.  here are the steps they game me,

I actually reinstalled both PSE 2021 and Luminar AI before I tried this.

1. Make sure Photoshop Elements is closed.
    2. Click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/LuminarAI/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is LuminarAIPlugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements version name/Support Files/Plug-ins/Filters
    4. Copy LuminarAIPlugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.

Note, the first time I tried this, the Macphun software folder did not contain the plugin they wanted me to copy -  I ended up finding that there was actually a Skylum folder and it DID have the plugin.  So I just changed the path for #2 and put Skylum instead of Macphun.

As I said, it worked well but slow.

Interestingly enough, after I got it running, I went back to see if the Skylum folder was still there - with the plugin - then I want back to the Macphun folder and the LuminarAIPlugin was also there!!

anyhow, give it a try ---- I have a MacBook Pro with 16 G memory and 1 Tb SSD drive.

I understand the Luminar AI will work faster with the newest OS but I'm afraid to upgrade in case I lose some of the programs I really like.

Lynne

Charles Sage

I really appreciate your reply, thank you! However, I have a PC with Windows 10 and don't speak Apple at all. I'll try to contact support directly for a similar solution.

Thanks again, Lynne!

Charles Sage

I really appreciate your reply, thank you! However, I have a PC with Windows 10 and don't speak Apple at all. I'll try to contact support directly for a similar solution.

Thanks again, Lynne!

Lynne Pariseau

you're welcome --- I've always found their support team to be very helpful.

good luck

Lynne

Please sign in to leave a comment.