LuminarAI Templates

Answered

Comments

24 comments

• Official comment
    Elena O'Brien

Hi Paul Ross

Here's a quick guide on how to install Template Collections in LuminarAI

Template Collections for LuminarAI have an .ltc extension. Installing a Template Collection is simple. 

If you’re on Windows: 

• Launch LuminarAI.
    • In the top bar menu, click LuminarAI> File > Add LuminarAI Template Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Template Collection file (.ltc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new templates will appear in the Templates tab > My collection (a star icon) > Purchased.  
      See the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/vvo06n 

If you’re on Mac: 

• Launch LuminarAI.
    • In the top bar menu, click File > Add LuminarAI Template Collection.
    • In the window that opens, navigate to the folder where the downloaded Template Collection file (.ltc) is located and select it. 
    • Done! The new templates will appear in the Templates tab > My collection (a star icon) > Purchased. 
      See the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/vvo06n 
    Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Ross

I purchased two Looks packages that were down as both Luminar 4 and AI, but when downloaded, I do not get an .ltc file, just the Look package.

Is that because I purchased them before AI was released?

Lawrence Howard

Margaret, I am experiencing the same problem and I am still waiting on a response regarding the links.

Same problem here!

Carla Schenk

Elena, I have tried that several times now, but they don't show up unter purchased, they don't show up anywhere!

Peter Hansen

Same problem here! I bought ”Night-Skies-by-David-Maimo” but following the instructions the target files are greyed out. 

Lucia Williams

Ok I found a way to work around the issue! I downloaded the Colorful Sunrises and Night Skies packs so I don't know if it will work for anything else. 

After downloading the files and unzipping them (I'm a Windows user btw), I went to OS(C:) -- Program Files -- Skylum -- Luminar AI -- Profiles -- Sky Textures.

I opened a separate file window, selected all of the tiffs and dragged them into Sky Textures. After that, they were listed with the other sky adjustments in the Sky AI tab.

Hope this helps! Happy new year everyone! <3 

Margaret Bright

Hi Paul,

Please get in touch with our support team at skylum.com/support.

They will provide you with the link for the Template Collection file for the Look pack that you have purchased :)

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

Please note that the creative extras are not shown in your Skylum account, unless you have Luminar X Membership and these extras are included in it.

If you need the download links for the items you have previously purchased (that are not included in Luminar X Membership), please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support

I must also inform you that due to a high amount of requests, it may take some time for them to get back to you so I would like to kindly ask for your patience.

Lawrence Howard

Margaret,

I have continued to reach out to the Support Team Since Monday and they haven't responded. The only thing I need is to get the Luminar AI (.ltc) link to the four Luminar AI compatible presents I purchased. That's all. Only the "Mpulmpack" file was included in the download. The only thing I need is the ".ltc" file.

Lawrence Howard

Margaret, you're right. I guess my expectation was too high. I guess I was thinking about the company I work for and their approach. Test thoroughly first for different scenarios and call in additional resources and individuals if necessary. Ok, I am back to reality.

Margaret Bright

Hi Lawrence,

It looks like our emails do not reach you for some reason. I can see that our team has sent several replies to you and it looks like none of them reached you. Please check your spam folder to make sure our emails have not been misrouted. We have sent the replies on Dec 17 and Dec 21.

Lawrence Howard

Good morning. Margaret,

Yes, I received the email messages. I need to check my firewall. Margaret, I noticed on Skylum's Website that several Presets display "Included with Luminar Membership X", am I able to download those as well? Enjoy your holidays...

Peter Hansen

..maybe it does not work at all? I tried both the Luminar 4 as the AI.version..but with no success! After consulting in vain the the support I realized that the Skylum support is a Kafkaesque phenomenon serviced by bots. ..i give up..buy a round of beers on me...

Peter Hansen

ltc? I got no ltc-files - only Jpeg and Tiff. ..and to get that you need an Skylum membership? Wow...there's something rotten in the kingdom of skylum..

Lawrence Howard

Peter,

Paste your Skies to the following location:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Luminar AI\Data\Skies

Roy Blackwell

If you are using Windows, your custom skies should go here:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Luminar AI\Data\Skies\Custom

Lawrence Howard

Thanks, Roy. Peter, I forgot to mention that the "AppData" subfolder is hidden. So you will have to go under folder options and change the view function to unhide files, folders, and drives.

Lawrence Howard

Lucia,

There is another path location for your skies. Paste your Skies to the following location:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Luminar AI\Data\Skies\Custom

Please Note: The “AppData” subfolder is hidden.

Click the “View” Tab -> Options -> Change folder and search options ->  click the “View” Tab in Folder option.

Under “Hidden files and folders”, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” -> Click “OK”

Now the “AppData” folder is visible.

Lawrence Howard

Lucia,

In your reply you mentioned the following:

Hi Lawrence!

I saw but unfortunately that didn't work for me. To be fair, I was working on the issue at 3 AM but I checked again today and didn't find Luminar AI under Roaming. Basically every other AppData file was for cache. I'm glad you guys found a solution that worked for you! 

Can you see the following path? The Username is the same as your User ID you use to log on. Make sure that you're not under the Public or the Default User Profile.

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\

When I look under my Roaming subfolder, I am to see several Subfolders (Aurora HDR 2019; Luminar 3, 4 and AI; Microsoft; Notepad++; Topaz Lab LLC; Adobe; Amazon; Etc.

When I look at the "Properties" for the "Roaming" subfolders, I have nearly 15,000 subfolders. Do you have full access to the "AppData" folder?

Elena O'Brien

Hi Lawrence Howard,

Once a month starting from the date of you signing up, your skies/looks will appear on your Luminar X Membership account page. You will be able to download them from there: https://skylum.com/account/membership 

If some items from the marketplace are marked as a part of your membership but are not listed in your account yet, it means that they will be available in one of the following batches of content. 

Elena O'Brien

Hi Peter Hansen
    Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings, if you have purchased a pack from our marketplace, you do not have to purchase a Luminar X Membership additionally in order to install them.
    Once you purchase the items - they are yours and you can install them. 
    Also, please note that our templates have an .ltc file extension. If you got .tiff's and .jpeg's - they are skies packs.

I have tried many different ways to download, unzip , and upload templates - I never get the .ltc file. it doesn't work 

Agatha Winter

Hi Member - Could you please let me know the name of the pack you're referring to? 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.