Where Is the AI 'Apply" button?

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Russ!

Please note that the recommended way to invoke Luminar AI as a plugin is to right-click on an image > Export > Luminar AI > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

The Apply button should appear this way.

Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink

"Using AI as a Lightroom plugin. Image goes over OK, but after editing in AI there's no apply button to send it back to Lightroom."

Same here and Idid export as a plugin exactly as described above and this option for Luminar ai does not appear so I exported as always has worked in the past.

Adrien McGuire

I have to say that this situation is very poor . You are told to use the Photo>edit in > Luminar ai , which I did and now there seems to be no way to get it back to Lightroom.  This is pretty basic stuff . 

This is the problem when you have programmers writing UI and not users . 

I did not venture into my first purchase of a Luminar product to faced with this sort of shoddy workmanship on something so basic. Please fix this immediately as I do not wish to wait months for an update , while you have my money and I cannot use the product as intended. Work arounds are not acceptable. 

Luminar reputation 0 - 0 user first time experience

Brian Rosborough

Anastasia,

If> Export > Luminar AI > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments is the recommended way to invoke the plugin then the user guide needs to be changed because it makes no mention of this. I still suspect there is a bug and it is not functioning as intended.

Brian Rosborough

Anastasia,

If> Export > Luminar AI > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments is the recommended way to invoke the plugin then the user guide needs to be changed because it makes no mention of this. I still suspect there is a bug and it is not functioning as intended.

Geoff Magrin

No reply from Luminar and I have the same problem. Not just with LRC but any photo dropped into Luminar AI when the edit is complete I dont see an Apply button in the top right hand corner. As for the advice above when I did this LRC moved over to the old version of Luminar 4 which works.

Why did I get conned into Luminar AI as a plugin and still have my system open in Liminar 4 at least it has an apply button. Not good enough and when can we get a refund. Remember when I bought Luminar 4 it was for life 

Jim Smith

I have this same problem and Luminar's response doesn't help. This needs to be fixed ASAP. The fact that this wasn't realized in the software V&V before release makes me question the quality of this overall product. It's a very basic function that Luminar should have caught. If they can't fix this, then I won't ever buy another Luminar product.

Tim Palmer-Benson

I can’t find the Apply button after exporting from Lightroom. I want to send the image back to LR.  I did find that by right clicking on the image, there is a choice to export to LR, but that is not what I want. It starts LR and creates a new catalogue on my home drive…something I don’t want.. I have Lightroom operating off another drive.  Also there seems no provision for Luminar to save its catalogue to another drive instead of the home drive

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tim,

If you're invoking Lightroom using the instructions posted by my colleague, Anastasia, at the top of this thread, and are still unable to access the Apply button, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or support@skylum.com so we can take a closer look at your particular case.

A couple of things that may also make the Apply button temporarily disappear are having one of the masking tools active, placing your vignette, or placing sun rays. In that case, simply close out of the tool and the Apply button should appear in the upper right of the screen.

Tim Palmer-Benson

I have already contacted support about this. I am running Mojave and I have given all the details of my machine. The tool simply doesn't appear no matter what I do. It used to appear in Luminar 4

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tim,

Thanks for providing additional information to our support team. One of my colleagues will reply to you via email as quickly as possible.

Tracey McCormick

I have the same problem of no Apply button when editing an image from Lightroom if I invoke the edit as per the Luminar Users Manual i.e. in LR, chose Edit In - Luminar AI. If I do this there is no Apply button and none of my edits made in Luminar are saved back to Lightroom.  If I "export" to Luminar as described above, Luminar opens a new instance of Luminar, even if one is already running. In this case, I do get the Apply button, but any history for that edit in Luminar is lost, because the image does not appear in the Lumina catalog.  

Losing all of the edit history can not really be the way this is supposed to work.  

I have an iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 and am using Lightroom Classic 10.2

Tracey McCormick

Update. I was searching for this issue online and came across the following statement in the online Luminar Ai user's manual in the section "Using Luminar with Adobe Lightroom Classic".  It states:

Note: If LuminarAI is missing from the Photo > Edit in the menu, open Lightroom preferences. Select the Presets tab and UNCHECK the option for Store presets with this catalog.

Even though this was not exactly my issue, I tried this and all of the weirdness went away. I can now send an image from Lightroom to Luminar - and back again - by right clicking the image and selecting "Edit In - Luminar AI"  When I get to Luminar, the Apply button is now there and everything works as it should.

Now, I prefer to keep my presets with the Lightroom Catalog, but I can live with that button unchecked if it makes Luminar behave.  Of course, I would like to see it fixed in the long run, so that I can keep presets with the catalog (useful if you store the catalog on an external drive to allow you to use Lightroom across multiple computers).

Richard Birger

I have the same issue and followed the fix per Tracey McCormick above; I got the message I needed to restart LRC which I did I and got this message "All custom develop presets were successfully converted to XMP" when I restarted LRC.

The "Apply" issue seems resolved now but this doesn't seem right, I too wish to keep my presets with the LRC Catalog not spread all over creation.

Strongly suggest Luminar engineers fix this or provide a better explanation, (in photographers tongue, not geek speak please).

Raymond Schuerger

FWIW, Elements 2018 to filter to Skylum to Luminar AI also sends it over, and there is no way to get it back to Elements. Running BIg Sur 11.2.3

Please sign in to leave a comment.