Comments

5 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Colin! Could you specify if the time of the second launch is just the same? Please send us your system info:

Click on Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that. Attach the screenshot to our email to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system infohttps://www.loom.com/share/4542009fcdb74570832982215caec9a1  

As for the Search tool you can open it by clicking Command + F

Comment actions Permalink
    David Dunk

There is a magnifying glass in the top-right corner of the Catalog page. Clicking that will give you the same as typing Command+F

Brad Slama

I just installed and launched AI and, I'm with Colin... it took FOREVER to launch. I'm using a 2015 27" Retina i7 iMac with 32GBs of RAM, Mojave OS with no other apps open.  I even restarted my computer seeing if that would help. Nope. I was already selecting Check for Updates.  I'm hoping that there'll be one to resolve this in the near future. One kind of expects these burps with a new program so, not a "big" deal... right now. ;)

Colin Roebuck

Brad, I just installed Big Sur tonight and now Luminar ai launches in 10 seconds. Maybe the long launch times are related to which OS you are using.

Brad Slama

Well, that's too bad. If I would have known that I needed to upgrade my OS, I wouldn't have bought the app in the first place - especially knowing that it doesn't take the place of Luminar 4. We'll see how Skylum addresses this in the weeks to come. I'm still using Adobe CS6 apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign...etc) because I'm not going to bend a knee to Adobe's extortive subscription plan. If I upgrade to Catalina/Big Sur, I'd lose my ability to use those programs.

Thanks a lot for posting the reply, Colin. I'll be checking back regularly to see what else shakes down on this issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.