Comments

23 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alex,

I don't have a specific ETA on Canon EOS R5 support that I can share at the moment. However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Comment actions Permalink
    Rocky Cola

Hello,

I never thought to ask. But Luminar AI will natively support Raw files from the Canon R5 at launch of Luminar AI.  Correct??

Elena O'Brien

Hi Rocky Cola, I am afraid, that we still do not have an ETA on Canon EOS R5 support. But I hope that we will expand our supported cameras list very soon. For now, we will ask you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar) as suggested by Angela above.

Thank you for understanding!

Larry Sang

Yikes! The hard to find Canon mirrorless cameras (because they sell out so quickly) that have been out for 6 months are not supported in this release? Still not supported in Laminar 4 either. With the new pricing models (yearly upgrade costs and cost per seat) you guys are now asking more than Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Bundle... yet you guys are lagging 5 months (took them one month) behind Adobe on this. If Luminar AI is not a ground up redesign that addresses how terribly slow Luminar 4 is, Skylar is toast. Going to go try again to download my pre-ordered copy since Skylar servers were down all morning. I do like the idea of this software, so I am crossing my fingers. If they fail to meet expectations again, I’m back to Adobe permanently and based on the buzz, I’m not the only one making that decision today. 👍🏻

Bryon Samuels

Canon CR3 raw files. I cant believe you Guys dont have support for these files. Canon is the biggest seller of cameras in the world and you dont have support for these files. I upgraded to Luminar 4 thinking you would have support, but no, I get a reversed colour image, well that was a waste of money. Then you keep sending me emails about purchasing Luminar Ai, well I just checked you still dont have support in your latest product. I think I will just remove your products from my computer and keep using my other editing programs that support the CR3 files and I have a few. Not a happy camper

Rocky Cola

Yup.  Still not supported.  Here comes the ‘convert to DNG” reply from them. 

Bryon Samuels

Yes I know what they will come back with. When I take nearly 15000 images on a trip it is an impossible task to convert them to DNG. I have just deleted their software from my computer, no turning back now. Gee that made me feel good doing that.

Cheers

Kevin Flory

Very disappointing. I pre-ordered Luminar AI before I received my R5 only to find that it does not support my new camera, nor do Luminar 4 or Aurora HDR and feeling like I wasted a lot of money.

Austin Miller

Hello Kevin. We will do our best to implement the Canon R5 and R6 support as soon as it is possible. Please use the Adobe DNG converter for now.

Andreas Schuetz

Don't you get tired of promising this over and over again? Slowly, no one believes you anymore. Is just sad what you pull here.

Steve Nunez

Is it correct to assume the Canon R6 raw files are still unsupported in Luminar 4 or AI? I was about to buy AI when I found this thread.....status update please?

Rocky Cola

It is correct to assume that. It is still not supported. As we all know Canon is a small time camera player. So it’s totally understandable of course.

Kevin Flory

Yeah, I would waited had I know that my new camera would not be supported. Did not even occur to me to have to check. 

Andreas Schuetz

to Elena O'Brien:
    Still no ETA on Canon EOS R5 support? Even Affinity Photo is supporting the Canon EOS R5 in the latest version. What is so complicated for skylum to support the camera too? And please for Luminar 4 and AI.

Bryon Samuels

The thing was when I downloaded luminar it said it had support for Canon Cr3 raw files but not Craw so I upgraded, then when I went too use it, it wouldn't except the Cr3 files so I searched again and they had put up a new list of cameras that they had support for, guess what they had removed the Canon R5. Got my money and took off. Very bad business practice, suck the customer in, take their money and run. 🙁

Markus Schoch

Does anyone have news on the R5 support? It has been very disappointing during my last trip to realize that still a lot of the CR3 files from the R5 looks really bad. As long as this camera is not supported also Neo is a no-go for me.

Roy Blackwell

Update 5 to Luminar AI added and/or improved support for the Canon EOS R5.

Markus Schoch

This is good news! Didn't realize on the new update and have been on 4. Just tried it out and now it works fine! 👍Thanks!

Bengt

I just purchased Luminar AI and was glad to read that Canon R5 CR3 RAW-files now are supported. But I´m a little confused, shouldn´t I see the Canon R5 camera in the Profile drop down list in the Light panel? Do I need to load an DCP-file for my Canon camera? I have no problems open the files, but are all information there? I thought the program should recognize it from the RAW-file?

I´m running update 5 version 1.5.1

Thanks.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bengt,

Profiles are not automatically installed. I recommend downloading and installing the free Adobe DNG Converter. This will install the Canon R5 profiles on your machine, but you don't have to convert your CR3 files to DNG. Once the DNG Converter is installed you should see the R5 profiles in Luminar AI.

Bengt

Thanks a lot for your quick answer Angel! :-) I will try that.

Abraham Gomez

Does the new update support the Canon R6 camera profiles?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Abraham! Have you tried the method Angela mentioned above?

Please sign in to leave a comment.