Comments

14 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi!

This is a known compatibility issue with macOS Big Sur.
    We're doing our best to release a compatibility update in the near future, please stay tuned.

Kind regards, 

Comment actions Permalink
    David Minar

Any ETA for the compatibility update?

Elena Blum

Hi David,

At this time, we're mainly focused on developing our main product Luminar, therefore, there's no precise ETA for the next update. Nevertheless, once we have any news regarding that, we'll definitely let you know. 

I just purchased this today and cannot save to disk!!!... so what is the use.

Big Sur issue on Mac OS. 

Same question was asked two weeks ago for ETA by another user. You should mention that on your publicity.

Andrew Elek

Maybe prioritize fixing Photolemur 3. It’s just bad business you’ve had tones of time to get your software optimized before the MAC OS Bir Sur release. This does not bode well for your existing customers continued support in your new products. For anyone who has just purchased this software and it still crashes contact your credit card company and report as fraud. They are not delivering the service they advertise. It’s a shame Adobe treats their customers better. Shame on you.

Austin Miller

Hello Andrew.

Our tech department will prepare an update for Photolemur 3 but there is no ETA on it.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Rienk Schurer

Can you stop lying. Photolemur will never get an update. 

Peter Vandendriessche

Please give us some more info about Photolemur 3 on Big Sur update. It works perfect until saving, that doesn't work. A bit frustrating. We need to know when this will be available for Big Sur, we spent enough money on it. Thanks in advance.

Daniel Waske

Hey Skylum Team,

I really appreciate the latest Photolemur-Update, which finally fixes part of the incompatibilites with Big Sur. Unfortunately, the Photos App Extension is still non-functional (has been since macOS Catalina...). Is there any chance you'll fix this issue as well (preferably in the not too distant future)?

Cheers,

Daniel

Benji Kauth

Downloaded the from the website today and it's still crashing on export to disk. Doesn't seem to be fixed for Big Sur.

When is Photolemur 4 being released?

Pravin Jayasinghe

Mac OS11 was released in November 2020.

It has been 4 months since the release, &  we STILL do not have a fix? 

Is this a part of your companies mission &  vision to abandon support on a product? Or is your dev team incompetent? Or has Covid-19 decimated your firm so you've downsized? I mean, it's such a waste of money to have purchased your product, with no solid fix for Big Sur's write to disk issue.

Your frustratingly curt support responses offer no respite for this issue. 

I have your firms contact details &  will be initiating legal action if this issue is not rectified by the end of Q1 2021.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Pravin Jayasinghe,

I am so sorry that there is still no update for Photolemur, but I can assure you that are devs are working on the compatibility update and will release it as soon as possible!

Waterproof Web Wizard

HI Elena O'Brien,
    the problem has been known for over half a year and there is still no update? Do your developers work at all? Do they get any money at all? or do you just not care anymore because you have the new "luminar".

Would also be okay. But then just clear statement we no longer pursue the update and you have bad luck. Would be at least a feedback at all.

Rienk Schurer

Theory. Skylum was promoting this software as crazy because they were hoping to be Sherlocked. But after Apple introduced the AI photo algorithm in the iPhone 11 the Photolemur support crashed. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.