Can't install creative kit

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi,

Unfortunately, Creative Kit are legacy applications and will not be updated for macOS Big Sur support.

The good news is that our newer software, Luminar 4 and soon, Luminar AI have much of the technology and functionality of the Creative Kit and both are compatible with Big Sur. We hope you'll check them out!

Comment actions Permalink
    Jürgen Borchardt

I have the same problem as described above, but on the operating system Catalina Vers. 10.15.7

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jürgen Borchardt,

Please try re-downloading the installer from the My Software section of your Skylum account. If that doesn't work, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a closer look. Please also note that since Creative Kit is one of our legacy applications, the solutions we have may be limited.

Eric Seaborg

Nothing works from Skylum unfortunately on Big Sur. My Creative Kit no longer is useful (sound of money flushing down the drain) and when I order Luminar AI for my IMAC 2019 it crashed upon opening despite exceeding the technology limits. Awaiting a refund (fingers-crossed) on that one. Sad!

adrian jones

I just found this post after trying to use tonality in batch mode and then to re-install Creative Kit. I think that I've spent my last money on Skylum software. I have Luminar AI and it's buggy as hell.  The AI is slightly better than Luminar 4. Luminar Flex was a waste of time.

Also, all of those features don't seem to include the presets that I need and paid for that are in tonality. 

I think the frustrating thing is... this is software I purchased in 2017. It's not from 1995. I'm not asking for feature updates, just that the software continue to work the way it did when I purchased it.

If I can't rely on software from Skylum to continue to work for many years, why do I need them? I may as well pay for an Adobe creative kit membership and use lightroom. Lightroom is superior in my opinion anyway, but I hate the subscription model, however having to plunk down hundreds for new software every few years is unreasonable.

Once again, I don't expect new updates, I just expect it to WORK. I definitely won't buy or recommend anything from Skylum. It just feels like a rip off.

adrian jones

It really does feel like a rip off. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.