Luminar Does NOT support Big Sur

Answered

Comments

17 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Shawn,

I'm very sorry that the upgrade to macOS Big Sur has been so frustrating. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a look at your particular case.

Comment actions Permalink
    Christopher King

This same thing is happening to me also. Has there been any word on a fix? 

Mike Taylor

Yes, same here. Catalogues open with exclamation marks on all folders, and when confirming relocation Luminar crahes out.

I've not been able to use Luminar for weeks which is a massive pain, having paid money and gone through the upheaval of moving from Lightroom.

Crash reports are going via Apple.

Agatha Winter

Dear Mike and Christopher,
    I understand your frustration and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you've faced.

At this time, the issue is under investigation. However, we have some solutions that can help in your situation. For that, we need to take a closer look at the issue you've encountered. Please reach out to our support team at www.skylum.com/support and they will do their best to help you sort this out.

Alan Roseman

I have thousands of images in my catalog....  now just thumbnails!!!!!

Upgraded to Big Sur...   What now??   My catalog file is on my iCloud Drive...  This requires an IMMEDIATE FIX>>>>

Alan Roseman

I am certain I'm not alone here..   I can not get rid of the warning symbols..

1. Catalog is on icloud drive

2. Nothing but warning signs

I need a FIX NOW --->>>  Work around  what ever...

I've trusted you with thousands of images....

Helga Rowles

Hi Alan,

In the Big Sur macOS, Apple has introduced some security-related changes, that’s why you may need to reconnect the folders manually.
    Here's how:
    1. Go to the Library tab;
    2. Right-click the missing folder;
    3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/syjwtz;
    4. Find and point to the missing folder.
    Note that this feature is available only for the root (parent) folders.

If further assistance is needed, please reach us at skylum.com/support.

Shawn Gano

Helga Rowles - that solution does not work, when locating the folder Luminar crashes every time.  (At least for me when when the folder being selected is in the "Pictures" folder).    

(Also I wouldn't consider this thread "answered" as it is currently marked)

Alan Roseman

Helga, 

That does not work.   I am fully aware of how to use the application to locate missing folders.   

Luminar produces an error message saying there is a single image using that path for editing, and will not accept the location.

BAD CURRENT FIX:  I've had to remake my catalog.. which means I have lost the ratings and edits on many hundreds of images.

You guys have spent every waking moment soliciting your existing customers to sign up early for AI....   How about taking care of us?  We are your customers.

Alan Roseman

Victoria Grace

Hi Shawn and Alan,

I'm sorry to hear you've faced these difficulties. Please, contact our support team via https://skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to help you out!

Mike Ward

Same problem here too. Tried both "fixes" suggested as per notes [i.e. Move Picture Folders, Start Luminar using old Backup, Locates picture folders in new place] and now every time I start up I get the dreaded crash. I'm afraid I will have to give up now as I have spent too much time on this .... I am already in touch with support about this.

Alan Roseman

Indeed. Huge oversight by Luninar.
    Way too much time spent pitching AI. Luminar, you are facing a crises of confidence with your customer base... Let’s get this on the front burner.

Alan Roseman

Ps. Your support page requires just a bit too much navigation to actually start a repot. Why can’t you respond from right here?

Mike Taylor

I fixed the problem of folders not found plus crashing thus:

• I moved the folder and when I reopened Luminar it found the folder automatically.
    • I then closed Luminar and put the folder back in its original position. However, when I reopened Luminar, it crashed while opening. I repeated this three times.
    • I then renamed the folder (in Luminar) and put it back in its original position. Luminar then reopened without crashing.
    Federico Lazzari

This appears to be the latest thread about Big Sur. What's Skylum know-issues / status / roadmap on compatibility?

I obviously expect a few bugs for a major new OS - including new architecture!. So not rushed, just want to monitor the right page and plan when in 2021 to upgrade.

Best regards,

Federico

Marius Ranft

Any news here? I am unable to access my Luminar library for months now… 

Alan Roseman

I have been fortunate that once my images, imported as RAW files,  are edited I export them as .jpg  files.  In doing this, my finished images have been saved so Luminar being a total screw up has not destroyed my final edits.  

My RAW files still exist in the folder to which they were originally imported.  I have had to create a new Luminar catalog, then import all of the files into that catalog.    I have now done this three times.  

I have come to the conclusion that Luminar, when combined with Aurora,  is a more than adequate editing application but it CAN NOT be trusted to maintain your catalog.  Edit your images, and export them when complete.  Do not depend o having the Luminar catalog manage your edited files.   It simply can not be trusted with this task as all of the energy at Skylum is spent on marketing... 

Alan Roseman

Please sign in to leave a comment.