Editing layer in photoshop produced black layer

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi! There is one of the issues other users experiencing on MacOS Big Sur. We are working on it now.

Could you reach our support team so we could investigate the issue further?

Meanwhile, please check if there are any updates available for Camera RAW. If there is one, please install it. 

Comment actions Permalink

I am having the same issue.

Camera Raw is up to date. I have to say that is a BIG problem for me. I can't finish my work without this working.

Wayne Murphy

Yep, me too! I’m in a bad spot trying to finishing projects for clients and I’m looking forward to a solution.

Kirk Osborn

Could you please let us know if you're trying to process 8-bit or 16-bit images?

Wayne Murphy

I’m processing 16bit and seem to have found a work around in my work flow. I’m doing basic color exposure adjustments in Lightroom to then to Luminar 4, back to Lightroom and then for detail edits in PS. My prior workflow was the same at “The Subtle Image” from comment above.

I'm processing 16-bit as well. I have reverted a janky export from Lightroom, open in Luminar, export to Photoshop approach. Not ideal at all.

Christina Lazar-Schuler

Having the exact same problem with 16-bit images. 

I have to complete my edits in 16-bit first then if I switch to 8-bit I can run the filter... Not ideal, but workable for now.

@Skylum are you dealing with this 16-bit issue?? 

Please sign in to leave a comment.