Comments

19 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, Luminar 3 is one of our legacy applications and will not be updated to work on macOS Big Sur. However, you can use the following workaround: click on the 'Export' button, select 'Open in Photos' option, and export an edited photo that way: https://prnt.sc/vjf8fm 

Comment actions Permalink
    Uwe Kummernuß

Hallo Daniel, da kannste Luminar 3 nur in die Tonne treten. Skylum will nur verkaufen, aber nix pflegen.

Daniel Chiu

Hello Uwe,

So wahr!! ( so true, from Google translate).

It's easy to fix to become a complete software. Why Skylum just don't do it?!

As I remember that there was an update in few weeks ago, I don't know if it was related to this issue.

Umang Sah

Angela Andrieux

That is very disappointing to hear, it sounds as if its a push to buy the new versions by not fixing the export function. 

Small acts like these provide enough motivation for not using Your software ever in the future. Why do we buy a new software where after a 2 years you will again deny a simple update. 

Poor strategy and very disappointing 

Daniel Chiu

In deed. I have already bought another software which is much better and the price (on sale price) is same as I bought Luminar 3. Bye Luminar.

Nihar Rao

Export Images is not working and from what I see will not be supported in future releases. Please urgently advise the process for refunds from Luminar 3.2.0 because with the poor quality of upgrades to Luminar 4 I have no intention of continuing to waste time on Luminar's dishonest promises.

Helga Rowles

Hi Nihar,
    Please reach us at http://skylum.com/support , we will be sure to figure something out for you. 

Petras Baronas

Hello, I'm another very disappointed and already angry Luminar 3 buyer (*but happy Aurora user ) here. Dear Skylum team. Where is promised Big Sur update for Luminar 3? I bought Luminar 3 straight before Luminar 4 came. Luminar 3 never worked properly and always lacked updates. All Luminar 3 users were told: don't worry Luminar 3 is a different product it continuously will get support and updates from Skylum. Now you are telling: we no longer support it. Dear Skylum please provide some opportunities for Luminar 3 clients ( flexible switch to Luminar 4 or so ) or just build a better final version of Luminar 3 which can work on Big Sur.

Helga Rowles

Hi Petras Baronas,

Please find our reply to your comment here:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009890939 

Vivian Raiborde

Another very disappointed customer. The whole idea of purchasing Luminar was to move away from Lightroom and Photoshop. But the antics that Skylum follow make me think that the Adobe guys are at least transparent about it. I bought Luminar because I didn't want to keep making yearly payments to be able to process my photographs - which are just a hobby. And it turns out, I'll have to do exactly that to Skylum just to be able to do something as simple and basic as export an image...

From what I read on these blogs, it seems it's typical of Skylum. Very disheartening.

Umang Sah

Hello. Vivian Raiborde Petras Baronas, I too moved away from Lightroom and Photoshop years ago and bought Luminar 3, facing the same issues you are facing. Yes, there has been laxes in terms of clarity when we made the purchases of these software, with respect to the time they will support, will till they cover the developments for os upgrades etc.

You must write to their customer care department, they will understand your concerns, and should upgrade you to Luminar 4. The export functionality works perfectly in the latest MAC systems in ver. 4. 

My suggestion will be to upgrade to ver. 4 and try the new Luminar AI. They have an upgrade offer which I took and am extremely happy with the decision. 

Elena O'Brien

Hi Vivian Raiborde,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support
    or support@skylum.com and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP, so that you can use Luminar again.

Fabio Gentili

And I'm another one who can no longer use Luminar's export function.
    With Luminar 3 the system crashes when I try to do export....
    With Luminar 2018 and Aurora the export function simply doesn't work....
    They are all software that I have regularly bought and now I find out that due to the update of the operating system of the MAC I can no longer use the export function which makes the software useless.
    I wrote this evening to support and await responses.
    Really incredible this situation, I have no intention to pay for a new version of Luminar since for my needs the one I had was fine.
    If this is Luminar's policy, I will write in the photography forums and make a video on my channel to warn other users.
    Consider that I recommended Luminar to many people who didn't want to deal with Lightroom anymore... what a shame !

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Fabio,

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration. We do value our customers and offer all the Luminar 3 owners free Luminar 4 copy, so that you can keep editing your photos on new macOS.

This is the confirmation: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009885339-macOS-Big-Sur-Known-Issues

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support to get your free Luminar 4 license.

Fabio Gentili

Helga,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I wrote to "support" yesterday and am waiting for a reply.
    But let me say that if you really appreciate your Customers, it would be enough - and easy - to send an email with a link to all those who have Luminar 3 to allow the automatic update - without creating disservices.
    You have the database with the emails of the buyers and it would be an easy procedure to manage.
    However I have the same problem with Aurora HDR 2018 as well. So do I need to write to support for this too ?

Helga Hufflepuff

Got you. Looks like we have already sent you a response.

Sorry for the negative impression caused by this situation. There is always some space for improvement, so I shared your feedback with a relevant team. 

As for Aurora HDR 2018, it was discontinued long time ago, however we offer Aurora HDR 2019 which is optimized for the latest macOS

Fabio Gentili

Okay Helga,
    I received your email with the link for Luminar 4 and so the problem is solved.
    I honestly don't understand why the same doesn't apply to Aurora HDR 2018 - which is only 3 years old and was just fine. I received your discount code to purchase the new version of Aurora, but I don't want to buy a software that in three years I won't be able to use again due to commercial policies.
    Thanks anyway for your support and quick response.

Edward MacMurdo

I am unable to get luminar 3 files downloaded into luminarA1 update 5 ....i purchased a few ..

Ivan Azure

Hi Edward,
    Please contact our support team via https://skylum.com/support and we will consult you in a more detailed way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.