Luminar 4.3 compapability with macOS Big Sur

Answered

Comments

92 comments

David Martin

Luminar4 4.3.2 (just released) seems to have fixed the problem ..... any chance Skylum might now learn from the experience and do some homework BEFORE and OS release in future?

Comment actions Permalink
    Sam Friedman

Upgrade did not help me, still can't edit etc. Still useless.

Armin Hadzic

I've just updated Luminar to 4.3.2 (Big Sur) but when I load an image (any image) it gets a proclamation mark and after that everything is locked inside the software. Computer restart doesn't help with Luminar and this proclamation.

John Tweddell

Armin, that’s bad news, so much for the update. Starting to get an even bigger concern about all of this. Will they ever get it right or will AI be the only way they allow us to use Big Sur?

Sam Friedman

New Photos app helps in apathy...

John Tweddell

Sam, is the Photos app getting anything near to Aperture (hopefully as I loved Aperture)

Sam Friedman

I haven't tested it enough but funny thing, I used Luminar as a plugin for Photos and perhaps it refreshed something as for the moment Luminar is ok and even exported edited pic back to Photos so fingers crossed need to test more.

BigSur & Luminar 4.3.2 works after a miracle.

Espen Ekeroth

To those of you who have the triangle issue: have you tried the locate function? (Right click, locate on the catalog)

Craig Herrick

Upon upgrading iOS, Luminar was not showing the Looks or the edit tasks. I had an alert arrow next to each folder though I could still see the files.

At Customer Supports suggestion I right clicked on the folder alert arrows, repointed at the proper folders and all the issues cleared.

Sam Friedman

Yes, for me the pic I was trying to edit before doing the Photos export is still uneditable even every new pic I add for edit is ok.

Id suggest trashing old catalog etc.

I did delete catalog from hd and upon restart Luminar recreated the catalog and you need to add folder / folders etc where your photos are but after that all fine. 

jo bekaert

i have the same problem as Mr. Armin Hadzic... 

"I've just updated Luminar to 4.3.2 (Big Sur) but when I load an image (any image) it gets a proclamation mark and after that everything is locked inside the software"

photos which are placed into the "wastebusket" are impossible to remove 

in "Aurora HDR 2019" i can edit photos but I can't export them... 

Armin Hadzic

As few have mentioned, the problem seems to be the catalog/folder settings/history. I deleted (only from Luminar, not hard drive) the whole catalog/folder and now everything seems to be working fine again.

jo bekaert

apparently the problem with the proclamation mark in Luminar 4 is solved after I made a new catalog...

the problem with the wastebasket in Luminar 4 is still the same... (impossible to remove the photos)

exporting photos out of Aurora HDR 2019 is impossible...

Espen Ekeroth

The patch seem to work fine for me. I have upgraded, relocated to solve ! and exported one image to disk

Raymond Griffiths

Updated L4 and Aurora, initial results are good. More testing needed to restore full confidence.

John Tweddell

As others - I had to start a new catalogue as I got proclamation marks. However I cannot export as file - only export to Photo seems to work

Espen Ekeroth

John: Did you try to "locate" instead of creating a new catalog? Did work fine for me. 

What I notice is that Apple has changed the name of my disk partitions. (Check disk Utility) I would guess this is why we get the !s.

John Tweddell

Thanks Espen - will try those

John Tweddell

Well done Espen - It worked - can you export files OK?

David Martin

Quite amazing that Skylum can't work this all out for their customers!

John Tweddell

I seem to be fine now export working again 

Espen Ekeroth

Me to - export is fine.

Emmanuel Awemu

Finally, the latest updates have worked for me. However, I think Skylum for the pain and sufferings that we have all endured should give us something in return such as extra discounts on products or free stuff.

Alan Woodgyer

It it would be good to see this issue resolved. I’m starting to consider alternatives but I don’t want software available only on subscription. Can’t help but think that the timing of this, and the fact that Luminar have yet to fix the export functionality, the company would rather we jettison Luminar 4 in favour of their new AI software that they are heavily promoting. A week ago we were promised a fix in the next few days, so when can we expect to see the problem rectified. In a few days, weeks, months or sometime never?

Espen Ekeroth

Alan: Do you still have trouble after installing the patch? It works fine for me.

Alan Woodgyer

Hi Essen, I installed the update around 3 hours ago and the export functionality is now working, so all is well. Great to be able to get on with processing the photos I had from last week.

I have a related problem with Noiseless. I realize this is an older program inherited from Macphun, but I would hope that since Noiseless CK is still available for sale (and which I bought today hoping it would solve the export problem), Skylum will update it so I can export and actually use the photos I've taken. 

Although I realize Noiseless is now part of a much larger photo editing environment, I would expect it still to be supported. Please LMK whether there is an update forthcoming that will make this software the great tool it's been for the past 6-7 years for me.

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Please note that Noiseless CK is our legacy app and we are not selling it anymore. Could you specify where did you find the purchase link? Please reach our support team and we will proceed with the refund: https://skylum.com/support

Sam Friedman

Another update for macOS 11.1 and again I'm having catalog-issues and easiest way forward again was catalog_show in finder _delete

Espen Ekeroth

Did you try just to use the locate function from top in your catalog first? Worked well for me.

Please sign in to leave a comment.