Aurora HDR now supports macOS Big Sur

Pinned Featured Answered

Comments

13 comments

David Harrington

Since I upgraded to big sur i am having issues.  Can't export and the editing tools are not available.  I have added the patch.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate your particular case.

Phil Mercier

Thats great , does that include Aurora HDR 2018?

Thanks.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately, no. The Big Sur update only applies to Aurora HDR 2019 (i.e. Aurora HDR, as we removed the year from the name several months ago)

Aurora HDR 2018 and earlier versions will not be updated for Big Sur support..

John Cooklis

So for the next macOS release, we can probably expect support for Aurora HDR (2019) to be dropped.

Phil Mercier

Well that is disappointing . Do I have to buy a new version everytime the OS updates?

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

Please note that we usually provide free updates for our apps within a couple of years after the release. And since its release, Aurora HDR (2019) has received compatibility updates for macOS Catalina and Big Sur. 

We do ship new products / versions every 12-24 months. And in time, older versions (like Aurora HDR 2018) become legacy apps and do not receive any further updates.

But whether to upgrade to the newer versions is always up to you. We do offer perpetual licenses, that is, the version you've purchased can be used for however much time you want, as long as your computer meets the technical requirements.

Krastyo Boychev

Is the apple store version upgraded as well. I can't see the update if there is any.

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Krastyo,

The App Store version of Aurora HDR has not yet been updated and we don't have an ETA at this time. However, if you reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support with your App Store proof of purchase we can set you up with a license and download link for our webstore version that has been updated for Big Sur support.

Krastyo Boychev

Hi Angela!
    I did send the proof of purchase a few weeks ago and yesterday I did one more time. What is the standart time for reaction?

Elena Blum

Hi Krastyo,

Thanks for your patience! We have sent you a reply an hour ago.

Krastyo Boychev

Hi, Elena! I’ve executed your instructions.
    Kind regards

Bjœrn

This is a shame. Here's my 2cents from someone who has been using your products from the very start: Now that I use Luminar, I rarely use AuroraHDR because I've found that I can achieve the same look on 90% of my photos with just one exposure using Luminar. However, sometimes I still like to use AuroraHDR for specific shots. I use it too rarely to buy the 2019 update though. I am kind of bummed that you don't support the 2018 version on Big Sur. 59Euros is a big price to pay just for a system update!

Possible solutions? How about in the future you think up a version of your awesome photo software that includes the functionality of both AuroraHDR and LuminarAI? I would be totally be fine with dishing out some extra coin to get the HDR functionality in Luminar. I would love to have an all in one solution which I can call the home of my photo editing. Another sidenote: I've been using Photoshop to clean up shots I did with dirty lenses by using the content aware fill. I would love to see something like content aware fill in LuminarAI.

Please merge your awesome tools into one software and give users which have supported you from day one a good deal on it. Since day one, I've converted 90% of my friends and colleagues to use Luminar instead of Lightroom or Photoshop, because they were always asking me how I achieved these awesome color gradings. You have done a great job listening to the community so far. Please keep it up!

Last but not least: Please include a focus stacking feature for us macro lovers! I would love to get rid of those tools I only use for one purpose and do it all in Luminar!

Cheers & stay awesome!

Please sign in to leave a comment.