Canon R5 support

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Rocky Cola,

Currently, this camera is yet to be supported by Luminar.

However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Ratts

LOL! Thanks Rocky Cola! Well said.

It's kind of a shame they way they treat us niche users of minor brands, particularly of such unremarkable cameras as the R5 and R6. I mean, really? Who actually uses one of those anyway?

Rocky Cola

Yup.  How much you want to bet, It will never come to Luminar 4, and we will be told..."Hey Lumiar AI supports the R5, you should upgrade...."

Steve Ratts

At this point I'd be just shocked if they do the right thing with L4 - it's abandonware, like all of their products. I've got my fingers crossed they'll do the right thing with Aurora since that's the only Skylum SW I actually use these days, and since it doesn't overlap with the Luminar line, but the way things are going they may abandon that too.

It's really sad, but at least I can still use Aurora HDR with my 90D and R5 by choosing "Export to Aurora HDR with Lightroom Settings". That gets around the stupid DNG dance and makes the UI at least tolerable.

For photo editing it's all either Lightroom or On1 for me. The Luminar line is dead given their utter failure to deliver a usable DAM. It's no more than a sky replacement toy and I can do that with other SW. I chalk up the cost to an expensive lesson learned.

Helena Carter

Hi Steve Ratts,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Please, note that we're not abandoning Luminar 4 and we will continue supporting it with free performance updates for at least one more year after LuminarAI release. 

As to Aurora HDR and new camera support, we will definitely forward your feedback to our developers. In most cases, it helps to prioritize tasks.

So is there any news on if AI will support the Canon R5 raw files and also offer pressure sensitive brush for XP-pen tablets.

Shane Harder

I'm just going to add my voice to request support for the best camera on the market. Canon R5 has been out for a while now, please add raw support. Thank you! I was impressed with Luminar 4 but it was far too slow for me. Luminar AI seems even more impressive with a little speed boost. Thank you!

Katherine Nelson

Hi Shane Harder,

Please note that we have already added the native support for Canon R5 files. Make sure you have the latest versions of the apps installed. To check that, click Luminar AI/ Luminar 4 > Check for Updates.

Hello, I have the latest update 4.3.3 (7895), the images open heavy with too much contrast. With Shadows slider, the darker area becomes reddish. I tried that in Canon DPP and the colors are the way they should be. 

Agatha Winter

Hi Member - Could you please reach out to our team at https://skylum.com/support and send a couple of screenshots illustrating the issue? Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.