Noiseless CK NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED?

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lloyd,

Unfortunately the Creative Kit apps (Noiseless, Tonality, Intensify, etc.) are legacy applications are will not be updated for macOS Big Sur. The good news is that most of the functionality of these applications is available in Luminar 4, and the forthcoming Luminar AI - both of which allow you to sync adjustments across a batch of images. Luminar 4 was updated today for Big Sur support and Luminar AI will have Big Sur support at its launch. We hope you'll give one or both a try.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lloyd Hohn

Are you stating that the noiseless CK functionality can now be found in Luminar 4? If so I will need to explore more and test. I’ve used L4 for other functions but not for noise reduction.

Lynne Pariseau

I use creative kit as plugins for Photoshop Elements.  that way I can edit using Luminar 4 as a plug in filter too.   Then when that editing is done, I use Noiseless as a plugin filter in PSE. .  Luminar 4 does have something that's supposed to be as good as Noiseless but no way it's as good. 

Lloyd Hohn

I spent some time today with a photo that I tested with noise reduction through Luminar4, Topaz DeNoise AI, and back to Noiseless CK.  Luminar4 was by far the worse in resolving noise.  Topaz DeNoise AI - the AI part is pretty useless as well, but the "clear - high" setting worked, but none were as good as Noiseless CK in pure functionality.  I'm moving back to Noiseless CK, but really will miss the batch option.  Skylum, you have a winner in Noiseless CK, why not keep it alive with updates and upgrades?  If the AI part of Luminar noise reduction isn't any better than Topaz version in DeNoise, it will be a definite step in the wrong direction.  I use these are plugins for Lightroom (Luminar, Noiseless CK, Topaz Sharp & Mask). They are all tools to enhance, but for the quickest and best noise reduction I vote for Noiseless CK. 

I had over 300 Hockey photos I would have loved to batch via Noiseless CK, but ended up downloading Topaz DeNoise, trial version to run the "batch".  Fix the batch function in CK and I'll gladly buy the upgrade.

Lynne Pariseau

I agree - none of the other programs /plugins are as good as Noiseless CK --- I just hope it will continue to work as a plugin for PSE.  the so-called noise reduction filter in Luminar 4 is not even close in quality to Noiseless CK.  I think Skylum is making a big mistake in getting rid of it.

Barry Cook

Aww, rats! I don't do as big or as complicated work as my fellow Noiseless CK (2016) colleagues above, but what I have lost in upgrading to Big Sur is the ability to 'Export to Image...' The actual Denoise functions appear to work - just getting the file elsewhere (and not dependent on the product) is gone. And the Updates function gets an error, so that's out.

I don't suppose there's any way to retrieve that function?

Luminar 4 goes well and truly beyond what I need (and at a price I just can't justify for one element I want - and had), so I guess I may have to join others and look at the options elsewhere?

Pity.

Helga Rowles

Hi Barry, 

You can try getting round the export issue by first sharing the image to Apple Photos (File > Open in > Photos) and then exporting it from there.

Barry Cook

Hey, Helga -

Thanks for that! That works. Phew.

Its one additional step, but as long as there is no further incompatibility issues with 'improvements' from Apple and this legacy app, it gets me what I want without having to look elsewhere.

Its too bad MacPhun / Skylum have no interest in keeping this app alive, when clearly it has a following for doing one thing simply and well, but that seems to be the case with a lot of companies these days.

Thanks again.

Helga Rowles

I'm happy it was helpful!

I will definitely share your feedback regarding the end of Noiseless CK support with our product team. However, I'm afraid that it's unlikely that we will resume support of Creative CK apps.

Ike C

Helga, that suggestion is a life saver!!!  I'm a long time user of Intensify, which is also no longer updated.  At this point, I prefer Intensify to Luminar 4 as the presets are completely different.  

Helga Rowles

Hi Ike, you're very welcome! I'm really glad it helped.

Please sign in to leave a comment.