Comments

10 comments

Denis Kotsee

You can overlay your custom watermark in a few clicks by adding an image layer. This currently works best for black text on white background. Check out this page for more info.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

The problem with this is that you have to explicitly do it, then explicitly undo it for each image.

OTOH the batch watermark facility in Aperture isn't clever about adjusting to exporting in different resolutions.

Here's how I would like to see it implemented:

Some definitions:

Browser:  The component of Luminar that allows you to look at multiple images, sort, put on light table, compare several at once, flag, etc.  

DAM:  The component of Luminar that allows you to assign metadata to images, extract data from images, and retrieve sets of images using that data, track versions of images, track usage of images.

Batch Process:  The ability to do an action on a bunch of images.

Catalog: A subset of images, grouped by some theme.

So:  watermarks:

There is merit in having a collection of watermarks for different purposes.  You may want more obvious ones, or certainly a range of sizes.

I see having such a collection, much like you have a catalog of skies.  

Watermarks would have some degree of transparency.

Adding a watermark to an image would be done by drag and drop a watermark layer from a catalog of watermarks, onto an image.  If you had many images selected in the browser it would be added to all of them.

Exporting could also be done as a batch process.  You could have presets for this.  Aperture does this well.  You can export to fit a certain size box, chose your format, compression, naming style, destination folder.

For watermarks part of the dialog is a checkbox "Export watermark layer"  This allows you to keep the watermark layer in the image, and chose that layer on export.  

Now your workflow works like this:

You shoot a wedding.  500 shots.

All 500 are tagged with the keyword 2018 S&L Clifford Wedding.

You rate them.  One is each subject (e.g. ring ceremony, book signing) gets 4 stars.

Now you select all images that are tagged with the clifford weddng, and rated 4 stars.

Drop a water mark on the selected collection.

Quick edit on each one to position the watermark.

Export with options 'fit to box 2000 x 1000'; jpeg 75% quality, with watermark, destination folder /Temp/Clifford/, name "Clifford_{index}' 

Copy this directory, and put on a memory stick and deliver to client.

Client makes final decisions.

Add a star to every image client wants in the Great Wedding Book.

Select images that are 5* and tagged Clifford wedding.

Print, with unchecked 'Print watermark layer'

Denis Kotsee

Thanks a lot for the detailed specification, I can't recall anyone else writing such a meticulously crafted feature request.

I can't tell you when we're going to implement watermarking or how we are going to implement it. There's a queue of things developers take items from but I don't know where watermarking is in that queue.

Francisco Cecilia García

Me uno a la petición de Miguel Herrera.

Me parece una cuestión absolutamente necesaria el tener la posibilidad de firmar las fotografías antes de exportar, o bien durante la exportación como hace lightroom.

Un saludo.

Bob Shrader

I endorse this feature request. It should be high in the queue!

Scott Hampton

Another request for watermarks. I relied on the feature heavily in Aperture and found their implementation seamless and elegant. Alien Skin Exposure X4 also has a seamless implementation of watermarks. From what I recall, the watermarks are essentially an on-demand layer request and merge at export, a behind-the-scenes task.

Luminar has incredible functionality and a wonderful UI but strangely omitted features… Still, I'm looking forward to going along for the ride, especially with the DAM.

Steve Ratts

Definitely want this feature! It’s so easy in Lightroom to define various exports and then select an image or group of images to export and voila they are watermarked. Yes I can painstakingly add a layer in Luminar and do it that way one by one tediously and laboriously. It should be easy! Everything else in Luminar is so easy, this should be too!

Shawn Connery

Bump.. easier watermark rather than working on each photo.. needed.

Scott Schnelle

Ditto on needing the watermark function!

Terry Rogers

Hi all, the watermark function has been planned in our future releases but there is no ETA yet.

Please sign in to leave a comment.