saving image back to lightroom

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Roy Blackwell

After you press "Apply" your photo returns to Lightroom as a new copy as shown in the screenshot.

Comment actions Permalink
    L'enfant Sauvage

doen that twice now and the image never get back into lightroom 

Roy Blackwell

Gary Bowen

This has happened to me more than once - one would think that I would learn after the first oversight. It happens when I fail to match the Lightroom export file format and Luminar 4 export file format.

The key to remember is did you click Replace in the Luminar 4 Repace or Skip Files dialog box? If so the image will export to and appear in Lightroom. If not the image will not appear in Lightroom.

Workflow

Export from LR to Luminar 4 from menu bar or the right-click context menu (Photo > Edit In > Luminar 4).

The Edit Photo with Luminar 4.exe dialog box opens.

Select Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

Note the Copy File Options File Format - this is important.

You must know the file location used in LR. (The Location given in these images is for my pics in this example, not yours.)

Click Edit and Luminar 4 opens.

Make your edits in Luminar 4.

Export your image from the menu bar (File > Export...) or right-click context menu.

TWO Luminar export values MUST match the corresponding Lightroom values: the file Location (of the file used by Lightroom) and the file Format that was in the Lightroom export (see above image). If either of the match values do not match, Lightroom will not be updated with your Luminar image after export!

The export below will fail and not show up in LR after export from L4 because the file Format (JPEG) does not match the LR export File Format (TIFF).

If one were to Export this file it would not show up when returning to Lightroom.

To correct this, click the Format droplist arrow and select the proper format from the droplist, in this case TIFF.

It should look like this (but not the Location, it is mine).

Click Export and the Replace or Skip Files dialog box opens.
    IF IT DOESN'T OPEN, export the file again and fix the matching error.

Click Replace. After L4 processes the file (note the progress bar), close L4.

You are returned to LR with the edited file.

Helga Egilsdottir

Hello Gary Bowen,

Please note that the recommended way to invoke Luminar 4 as a plugin is to right-click on an image > Export > Luminar 4 > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

See the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/s65yje 

After you hit Apply, the photo should appear under Catalog>All Photographs in Lightroom. See the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/neybu8

Could you please try it and let us know the result? Thank you.

Gary Bowen

Hello Helga -

DELETING first reply - my bad as I clicked the incorrect export > plugin.

It works as you described.

Please sign in to leave a comment.