Luminar 4.3.0: No more freezing on the splash screen!

Pinned Featured

Comments

38 comments

Jon Bish

Roy Blackwell It wipes out the Skylum purchased skiy packs as well, Not just a couple I have added... So each time there's an update they have to be reinstalled...

Jon Bish

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

Prior to Luminar 4.3, there was no official way to install additional skies (purchased or your own) into Luminar. However, some users came up with a workaround and shared it. We warned users on numerous occasions that this wasn't a good idea and that the skies would likely be lost when updates were installed.

However, with Luminar 4.3 we have built in a way to install your skies into the software that will not be lost with the next update. You can add them by going to Creative > AI Sky Replacement > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies. That will bring up a folder where you can store all of your custom and purchased skies and be able to access them directly in Luminar 4.

Nancy Hirsch

After being frozen out of Skylum 4.0 for a while, I finally download 4.3 update and am being asked for the activiation code. Does this use up one of my 5 "devices" on the license?

Nancy Hirsch

Why do I have to use up an activation to install a free update???

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nancy,

If you had Luminar installed on that computer previously, it shouldn't use up one of your installations. Nevertheless, you can always reset your license in the My Software section of your Skylum account if necessary. Please note that a reset will mean that you need to reenter your activation code and email address on every machine on which you have Luminar installed.

Dennis Falast

After the 4.4.3.0 update I stopped freezing on the splash screen, but now Luminar 4 doen't start at all on many of my images.  I can open the images directly from Luminar application, but many will not open from Photoshop CC now.  I did not have this problem before the update.

Helena Carter

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear that the update brought up a new issue. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could troubleshoot this one.

Please sign in to leave a comment.