Luminar 4.3.0: No more freezing on the splash screen!

Pinned Featured

Comments

20 comments

Sanjay Shah

I can not open Lminar 4.3 plug-in from Photoshop CS.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Sanjay, 

Please try installing the plugin manually.

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
    2. Download the plugin from here.
    3. Navigate to the Photoshop Plugins folder. The default path is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

For Photoshop CS5 and CS6, the paths will look like this: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop version name\Plug-Ins\Filters
      and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop version name\Plug-ins
    4. Copy the .8bf file into the folder(s) you've opened in Step 3

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/a38b3e9ffcea49f9b7f76f540f843af4 

If the issue persists, please get back to our support team so that we could keep looking for the solution. 

Stefano Orazzini

Hi,
    new upgrade 4.3.0 plugin (No more freezing on the splash screen) for Photoshop CC don't work.
    I tried manual installation, but it doesn't work.
    Thank you
    Stefano

Angela Andrieux

Hi Stefano,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Please Alina or Angela, could you gently provide an alternative download for the full installer? Thanks.

Dena Meeder

I am having the same problem! I had used the filter plugin last night and now it doesn't work in Photoshop.

Love You Photography

Same problem here. In addition, my license has disappeared from my account. Luminar requires a new activation. Something is going really wrong with you!

Lycoris Radiata

Happy to see a update.

Then EXTREMELY SAD to see still no support for Canon R5/R6 RAW.

I know you guys are busy on Luminar AI, but when will you put them in to Luminar 4 so I can stop to use the DNG converter? It is quite annoying to use it every time.

Alex Young

Thank you for the updated version of Luminar 4.3.0 - it works!! It took a while, but you got there in the end. I've been running it on its own and as a plugin in Lightroom for a few hours without any problems.

Best,

Alex

Roy Blackwell

I just completed installing the 6886 update to Luminar 4.3.0. While I infrequently suffered the hanging splash screen, everything seems to be working ok and a bit snappier. I also tested the PhotoShop 2020, Lightroom Classic 2020 and Photoshop Elements 2021 plug-ins: they are all working properly.

James Smith

Why oh why do I do stupid things like upgrading when nothing was wrong.  I just installed the suggested 4.3.0 upgrade and now the plugin does not work from Photoshop CC.  I see others also have the same issue.  Strange that your suggestion is a manual install.  Makes me question the skill set of those working on the back end of your software. Unbelievable and very disappointing. 

Ian Murrell

Version 4.3.0 (6175) worked without issues on both my Windows 10 PC's, with the exception of having to replace the plugin .8bf file with the one from version 4.2 to get it to work as a plugin with  Affinity Photo and also ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020 and 2021.

Somewhat as expected the included plugin with 4.3.0. (6886) also doesn't work with either Affinity Photo or ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate, but sadly replacing it with the 4.2 plugin only fixes the issue with Affinity Photo but not ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate.

It's pointless me pursuing this, because Skylum's stock answer is they don't support those programs, and also Luminar 4 is no longer being actively developed. For me its a matter of relative worth. I've gone back to 4.3.0 (6175). All I have to do now is to work out how to stop the update message.

Roy Blackwell

@Ian Murrell: I have Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and on my Windows 10 machine v2004, Luminar 4.3.0 (6886) is working as a plugin. It is also working as a plugin for Lightroom Classic 2020, Photoshop 2020 and Photoshop Elements 2021.

Roy Blackwell

James Smith: Manual install is a very easy process. See this post by a Skylum rep and my screenshots below:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009580840/comments/360002138279

Ian Murrell

Roy Blackwell

Maybe the fact you have one or more of the "supported" host editors in addition to Affinity makes a difference, though I don't quite see why that should be, but then 4.3.0 (6175) never gave me an ounce of trouble on either an i7 Gen 2 PC with Windows 10 Pro 1909 or an i7 Gen 10 PC with Windows 10 Pro 2004, where as it brought others to tears.Go figure.

I have no problems with Topaz and Nik plugins with either Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703, or ACDSee on either of those PC's.

4.3.0 (6175), with the 4,2 .8bf plugin file is working nicely as a plugin from both Affinity Photo and ACDSee Photo Studio 2020 and 2021 and I've stopped the update nag notice now.   

Having the same problem after installing 4.3.0. Plugin for Photoshop not working, I will be more cautious before downloading future updates that are supposed to correct previous problems, Not impressed.

Alex Young

Thanks Angela - much appreciated!

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the link and download but even this download has not restored my plugin for photoshop which was lost when I installed the previous update; Thanks for trying to help.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Member,

Have you followed the instructions from my colleague, Kate, at the top of this thread for manually installing the Photoshop plugin?

If that does not resolve the issue, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a closer look at your particular case.

Please sign in to leave a comment.