Comments

15 comments

Roy Blackwell

It is my understanding that if you pre-ordered Luminar AI, you will receive the app about a week earlier than those that did not. If you want to beta test I would recommend you open a ticket with Skylum support stating that.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lloyd O'Daniel

If history is any indication, the version of Luminar AI that you purchase will be alpha/beta for some time, until they drop it and go in yet another direction.

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Lloyd O'Daniel,
    Please, note that we do not release beta version on officially announced release date. In December we are going to launch full and complete LuminarAI.

Jörg Haefeli

Thank u all very much for coment my post and i wish to all a good week

Fred Swartz

I recently downloaded the trial version of Luminar 4 and was impressed enough to order Luminar AI.   Is it correct to assume that Luminar AI is a replacement for Luminar 4?    My trial version of Luminar 4 is about to expire, yet paying the full price just to use it for a couple of months is so irritating that I won't do it.   Can one get a good upgrade price if L4 is purchased now?

Roy Blackwell

Fred Swartz: Skylum states that Luminar AI is not a upgrade to Luminar 4. Luminar 4 will receive performance updates/bug fixes for one year after Luminar AI is released, probably in December. Luminar AI is, I am guessing, the future of Luminar. Agree that buying Luminar 4 at this time does not make much sense unless they steeply discount it and also advise users it is near then end of the line for it.

Fred Swartz

If Luminar AI is not a replacement for Luminar 4, does that mean that Luminar 4 has features that will not be available in Luminar AI?   So we might need to have both so we don't lose Luminar 4 capabilities?   Hmmm.   Or does "not an upgrade" just mean no special L AI pricing?

Fred Swartz

I've requested being a beta tester for Luminar AI.   We'll see.

Margaret Bright

Hi Fred,

Not only Luminar AI is not an upgrade to Luminar 4, it is an alternative to the traditional approach to image editing in general. It is the first fully AI-powered image editing software in the world.

While Skylum is well-known for building software that taps into Artificial Intelligence for great results (such as Luminar 4), Luminar AI is entirely different because we built Luminar AI with Artificial Intelligence at its core.

I guess the best way to see the difference between two apps would be to compare them on your own, but in the meantime, we will be revealing more and more information about Luminar AI and its features, so please stay tuned!

As for the pricing, since Luminar AI is a brand new app, there are no upgrade discounts, but we do offer loyalty discounts for the owners of any version of Luminar or Aurora HDR software.

Fred Swartz

Thanks for the explanation Margaret.   Unfortunately my trial version of Luminar 4 has expired, and although I pre-purchased Luminar AI, I have no Luminar version to use at this time.   I'm currently using Affinity Photo, Topaz Studio, and ACDSee, but may go back to PS now that they have come out with their neural filters, which may be competitive with Luminar AI. 

Fred Swartz

And I'm not going to buy a version of L4 to use for a single digit number of weeks until L AI is here.

Jack Hobbs

Perhaps Skylum could extend the L4 trial, for users who purchased AI???

Fred Swartz

Extending the L4 trial to those who have already purchased L AI would be a customer friendly policy :-)

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Please note that extending a trial would be unfair to other users who purchased Luminar AI together with Luminar 4. 

Nevertheless, you can reach our support team so we can see what we can do for you: https://skylum.com/support

Fred Swartz

Yes, I understand that it's important for existing customers to feel treated fairly.  Having paid for Lumniar AI already and with the replacement for Luminar 4 coming so soon, it also seems unfair to charge full price for a few weeks of use.  So for the next two months you're in a difficult position where it isn't easy to please everyone.  My sympathies.

Please sign in to leave a comment.