A few issues and suggestions for Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Richard,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a screen recording of the issue.

You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request.

As for 360 image support, we do have this on our feature request list, but I don't have an ETA on implementation at this time. I'm happy to add your voice to the request.

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Chuang

Can't really send you a screen shot since it just locks up the computer w/o any messages.   I can try to have a camera ready but it will just looks like Luminar 4 running normally.   Typically this problem occurs when I'm adjusting the color saturation or vibrance.   I tried to get more info with the CPU usage up but it usually just freeze the computer.  And the only way to get out of it is to reboot.   My computer is an Intel NUC with i5-7260U CPU with 32GB of memory (plenty of free disk space on a NVMe SSD).   Running Windows 10 Pro with the latest 2004 updates.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Richard,

If a screen recording isn't possible, please send us a step-by-step description of the actions that you take in the software that lead to the crash along with the image you're working with. You can send them using the WeTransfer instructions above. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Matt Orth

“As for 360 image support, we do have this on our feature request list, but I don't have an ETA on implementation at this time.”

this is a lie.  Luminar four is not going to get any more development or enhancements, it’s going to get maintenance and compatibility update(s?) for one year after L AI comes out, then it will officially be orphan software.  Skylum reps, I know you don’t have much to work with, but stop lying to your customers. 

Helga Rowles

Hi Matt, I would like to clarify that we are not planning to implement 360 image support in the near future (it applies to both Luminar 4 and Luminar AI). It might be considered for future development, but at this time, we are focusing on other things. 

Matt Orth

Helga

The question was specifically about L4.  Your response is not a clarification, it is a correction,  

Angela and the rest of you guys need to stop saying enhancements will be added or considered when Skylum has no intention of doing so.  Especially regarding L4.  The forums are littered with your promises that were never delivered. 

JUST

STOP

IT

Darryl Brooks

Then wouldn't " we are not planning to implement..." be a more honest answer than "we do have this on our feature request list" for the OP? It might be considered for future development, pretty much means it's dead in the water. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.