Luminar 4 closes immediately after asking to connect to internet

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Alex,

I appreciate that you've already tried the first few troubleshooting steps and I'm sorry to hear they didn't resolve the problem. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look in to your particular case.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

On one of the three machines I have Luminar 4.3 installed I get a similar result. The splash screen shows up for about 3 or 4 seconds, then disappears as if the launch aborted for some reason.

Alex McMeekin

Angela Andrieux I already have, they have asked for my OS version so as to send a link for an alternate download. If they send the same alternate download as is on your support page, then I've already tried it.

I've seen other mentions of the same problem, you must have an idea of what causes it?

And I know it's been mentioned before but marking this question as "answered" is not right..... it's not. Even if it's just a flag for staff it's misleading.

Roy Blackwell

Update to my earlier post in this thread: I submitted a ticket to Support. In the MSinfo report I found this:

[Windows Error Reporting]

Time Type Details
    9/16/2020 5:28 PM Application Error Faulting application name: Luminar 4.exe, version: 4.3.0.6175, time stamp: 0x5dedc13b
Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 75.1.14.0, time stamp: 0x5d071e50
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000002905145
Faulting process id: 0xb28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68c4ecfe2971c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Luminar 4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\libcef.dll
Report Id: fa938268-32d2-4118-974f-b227a2d54dc2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Update: I searched my hard for libcef.dll and found several in different application folders. I copied libcef.dll (and two related DLLs) from my Nvidia folder and placed in my Luminar 4 folder (backing up the originals). Bingo! Now Luminar 4.3 opens on my desktop computer. 

Kirk Osborn

Please note that there is only one support team, so please, let's continue further communication via email to be able to keep all the info in one place. Thank you for your understanding.

Alex McMeekin

Roy Blackwell

Well it's now sorted, Apparently my "hosts" file was modified, and resetting it via this method recommended by support.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I have checked your hosts file and it is modified.

Please try resetting your hosts file back to the default value: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default 

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/0cf4050f5e3a4551880bbd0eb2ea0684 

Let us know how it goes. 

Kingsley G. Pouponeau

So...I PAY $260US  TO GO THRU THIS SHIT.....ISN'T THERE ANOTHER WAY? SINCE THIS MORNING I BOUGHT AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RUN LUMINAR 4, LUMINAR AI, AURORA HDR BUT TO NO AVAIL. AND NOW I AM ASKED TO DO INTERNAL SURGERY ON MY $3000US LAPTOP!

OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE TO ASK FOR A REFUND.

Agatha Winter

Hi Member,

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with our software. 

"Internet connection error" is a known issue when your security software or Internet provider is blocking the connection to our servers.

Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please try resetting your hosts file back to the default value: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default 

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/0cf4050f5e3a4551880bbd0eb2ea0684 

If the issue persists, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or email support@skylum.com so we can take a closer look at the issue. Thanks!

Please sign in to leave a comment.