Comments

7 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Dear Klarin,

Please, note that Luminar 4 roadmap was removed, which is why you are redirected to our blog.

Let me kindly include a link to the post, where we explain on why it was removed: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009673340-where-is-the-roadmap-for-Luminar4

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Klarin Ette

Thanks for the quick reply. However, the post you linked doesn't really explain why the roadmap was removed. It just explains why a certain feature that was promised will not be implemented after all.

So I'm unsure what to make of this.

a) Has the roadmap been removed because there are no plans to update Luminar 4?

b) Has the roadmap been removed because it is currently unclear what functionality will be implemented in the future in Luminar 4? If so, will it be available again later? When?

I bought Luminar 4 because it seemed to be the right product for my needs, with the missing features (e.g. keywords) on the way. Before investing the time to transfer my existing and new photos into the Luminar structure, I would like to know whether the program will actually be what I need it to be. Otherwise I'm better off looking for an alternative now.

Roy Blackwell

The roadmap for Luminar 4 is that one year after the holiday season release of Luminar AI, support will end. In that one year, Skylum has stated compatibility and performance updates will be released.

Kim Austin

@ Klarin Ette

Be aware that you can't import the DAM from L4 into LAI.  :(

Kate Williams

Hi Klarin,

We plan to post a changelog instead. As the guys have mentioned, Luminar 4 will get maintenance updates. 

New major features will be implemented in the new releases, i.e. Luminar AI. As far as the DAM enhancements are concerned, I reckon that our CEO's post linked in Helga's post will answer your question in the best way. 

You can get a free trial to see whether it fits your needs: https://skylum.com/download/luminar-4 

Klarin Ette

Thanks for the responses. That's quite disappointing to hear.

Kate Williams I already bought Luminar 4, a while back when the roadmap and forum posts promised new features on the way. In fact, those were a deciding factor in my purchase. It seems that was a mistake.

While I enjoy all the exciting AI features, they are hardly any use when I cannot properly organize my photos to begin with.

Kate Williams

Hi Klarin, 

You may want to reach out to us at https://skylum.com/support with a reference to this thread. We'll see what can be done in this case. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.