Comments

20 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Peter Gladstein,

Please, note that currently Luminar 4 is not compatible with Big Sur, thus we cannot guarantee smooth performance of the app. We will release compatible version once Big Sur is launched officially for sure. Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Peter, 

the software still crashes when exporting photos. Thus, there is still a non fixed bug - mentioned at least one month ago. 

@Helga: As mentioned before: A professional software company would fix that bug BEFORE Big Sur is out and not once Big Sur is launched. Thanks. 

Best

Jens

Austin Miller

Hello Jens. Our team is doing their best to make Luminar work stable on the upcoming macOS Big Sur. We will make sure that this issue will be fixed.

N de Toth

Hi,

So, as of 28.10.2020  it looks like no patch yet...

I am fairly certain you'll say "not officially supported on BigSur" to which I reply - "when"?

I am using the latest version of Luminar 4 on Mac OS 11 - Big Sur.

I use CaptureOne as my main raw converter/library "edit with" Photoshop 2021, use Luminar 4 as a filter.

All works fine during the adjustment phase but Luminar 4 gets hung up when closing leaving no other option but to force-quit.

I reopen Luminar 4 to find the file is there with the adjustments but the app just won't export / save the adjusted file to the finder. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nick

Angela Andrieux

Hi N de Toth,

As my colleague mentioned above, we will release compatible version once Big Sur is launched officially. Thank you for your patience!

Andrey Rudenko

Hi,

it is hard not to notice that there's unfortunately still no workaround to make L3 / L4 compatible with macOS Big Sur.

Maybe unofficial one? Any suggestions?

It could be kind of Luminar if it would try to make its best in order to make L3/L4 compatible even now, when os still in beta, to avoid the suffering of its loyal customers. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Margaret Bright

Hi Andrey,

Could you please let me know what is currently the main issue? Does Luminar display the images incorrectly on macOS Big Sur or does the app not launch at all? 

We do have a workaround on how to make Luminar 4 work, please try it out:

1. Launch Luminar 4.
    2. Click on Luminar 4 > Preferences > Graphics > Use Graphic Processor > Off - https://prnt.sc/u11ep9.
    3. Restart Luminar 4

Please let us know if this helps.

Andrey Rudenko

Hi Margaret,
    happy to read from you. Unfortunately this workaround described above is effective only in editing mode. But meanwhile if we would try to export an image, the Luminar 4 crashes immediately.
    I’ve granted the Full Disk access to Luminar, but nothing changed and the app still crashes while exporting images without producing in a meantime a resulting image...
    Thank you and kind regards,

N de Toth

Sorry to but-in but I'm experiencing the same issue as photobreton

2 versions of the issue

1) Starting from RAW converter (CO or LR) "edit in PS" then Launch Luminar as a filter in PS = app launches, can see & edit photos, app gets hung up (eternal spinning beachball) when trying to close/save, only option is to force-quit, have tried letting it go for 2 hours to see if it eventually gets past the issue to no avail.

2) Starting directly from Finder Launch L4 on it's own = can see & edit photos - app crashes on export.  

In both cases have tried to reopen L4, the changes are present but ONLY in L4, not in CO or LR.

Thanks

Margaret Bright

Hi again,

I am really sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Could you please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support?

They will take a deeper look and see if there's anything else that we can try to get this resolved.

N de Toth

Thanks Margaret, will do.

Will the AI version be compatible with Big Sur?

Best,

Nick

Victoria Grace

Hi,

As soon as Big Sur is released we'll prepare a compatibility update so that you can use LuminarAI with it just fine.

John Tweddell

So is the update today or tomorrow?

Andrey Rudenko

Hope for a L4 update very soon, for sure it should have been already compiled!

Markus Korsten

Nun ist Big Sur erschienen und es gibt kein update? 

CHA1K

Not really good enough to say waiting for Big Sur release. But I hope update is ready soon. Anyway, work around I have found is to select images and choose edit in Apple Photos, you can open from there to conform image size in Apple Preview. Exports half the size as well.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone, 

Please see this post for the latest info: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009885339-macOS-Big-Sur-Known-Issues

RAMON DUCROS

Hasta que no se arregle el problema de compatibilidat de luminar 4 con masos big sur, no me atreveria adquirir el nuevo luminar IA, por cierto en luminar 4 me deja editar cualquier foto pero no me reconoce el catalogo, y ademas no de ja exportar ninguna foto editada o sin editar, vamos mal, cada vez qua apel actualiza el sistema operativo tenemos problemas, menos mal que tengo instalado el captur one 20. que va de mil maravillas y super fluido, espero que se resuelva la situación, confio que lo resolvereis , yo hace dos dias que he actualizado a big sur

Paul Brannan

So in spite of developer and public betas being available for months, Luminar waits until after the new software version is released before releasing a fix even though they know their software does not work on the new version\.

Luminar advertises itself as being different from other photo editing software companies.  All other photo editing companies had a compatible version available at the time of the Big Sur release, so I guess Luminar is really different.  

The lesson we learn is if having your photo software work immediately after a software update is important to you, Luminar is not your software.

Tiziano Franceschini

Yesterday I've installed BigSur and immediately faced problems with Luminar. It crashes when you try to export. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the problem is well known since MONTHS! That's not professional. I had to subscribe an Adobe plan in order to get back to work, and I now sincerely regret my preorder of Luminar AI. How a fool. I wish I could cancel it and have my money back.

Please sign in to leave a comment.