Hi All

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Gavin,

Welcome to our Community! We hope you'll love it here, and we'll always be happy to help if you have any questions.

Luminar AI is a brand-new product. It is not an upgrade to Luminar 4.

Moreover, it is an alternative to the traditional approach to image editing in general. With Luminar AI we offer a new approach to editing your images, powered by Artificial Intelligence.

We know that you’ll enjoy it. We can’t wait to start using it ourselves :)

Comment actions Permalink
    Lenny Verkhovsky

How will Luminar AI differ from photolemur?
    Will Luminar 4 support continue or LuminarAI will replace Luminar 4, just like Luminar4 replaced Luminar3 and Luminar3 remained with critical performance bugs, because the fixes were not ported back?

Margaret Bright

Hi Lenny,

Those are very good questions and it will be my pleasure to answer them.

Luminar AI is an all-new application and plug-in. It is the first fully AI-powered image editing software in the world. It will be different from any other software previously released by Skylum, including Photolemur 3.

While Skylum is well-known for building software that taps into Artificial Intelligence for great results, Luminar AI is entirely different. 

As you may know, Photolemur 3 offers lovely presets that help your images pop. Luminar AI will be able to solve so many more tasks, including the more complicated ones: creating magical landscapes, changing skies, retouching portraits, improving the real-estate images - you name it! With Luminar AI the process of editing the images will no longer be cumbersome and time-consuming.

We built Luminar AI with Artificial Intelligence at its core. Artificial Intelligence saves you time and effort. Before, traditional editing software was outdated. It was time-consuming and hard to learn. It required effort and skills to get satisfying results. With Luminar AI, you can create great-looking photos much faster. It’s perfect for anyone, of any skill level. 

On a separate matter, please note that we offer perpetual licenses, that is the version you've purchased can be used for however much time you want. However, we do ship new products / versions every 12-24 months. These versions are optional, but they offer new features, new workflows, new benefits. The versions you currently own remain functional.

I would like to assure you that we're not abandoning Luminar 4. We plan to ship free compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after LuminarAI is released. We normally address a number of critical issues in each update.

At the same time, we are so excited for you to learn more about Luminar AI. More information regarding the app is coming soon, so please stay tuned! In the following months, we will show and tell you a lot about our new image editor and the features it will include. I really hope you will be impressed with what we have created.

Lenny Verkhovsky

I hope you are right, because most of the performance issues reported starting Luminar 2018 are still present in Luminar4.
    It took skylum few years and few products to fix most of the crush bugs, also using the latest Luminar4 update it still crushes from time to time, preview loading times are awful and during exporting images I leave for the night, when I dont need my pc.

Gavin Gilmour

I have not had any crashes on my PC or Laptop yet, but I am new to using Lumnar4, both My PC and laptop are 10th gen Intel on Win 10, I realize how hard it is for software to be 100% compatible with all hardware, I mean even Win 10 crashes every now and then, just my 10c.

Austin Miller

Hi Lenny.

We're doing our best to provide our customers with the greatest photo editing experience and even beyond.

Indeed, the performance and stability are not ideal even on modern and high specs PCs'. However, we're really trying to make Luminar perform at its best.

That's our everyday goal to make the app the best for daily usage.

At the moment, our development team has three major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements, stability and resource use optimization.

These are large-scale tasks that in the long-term perspective will give the app a significant boost as well as increase the development speed.

It's a painstaking process, but we're getting there.

Please sign in to leave a comment.