Comments

6 comments

Roy Blackwell

Luminar AI free to current Luminar users? Ain't gonna happen. I just received an email that stated only 5000 spots left on the 30000 preorder promotion. That means 25000 photo enthusiasts have already placed their preorder. That response is quite phenomenal to this long time Skylum software user.

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi Darryl Brooks,

LuminarAI is a brand new product. It is not an upgrade to Luminar 4. 

LuminarAI is an alternative to traditional photo editors in general. 

We plan to ship compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after LuminarAI is released. We won’t charge anything for these updates.

Luminar 4 will continue to run for many years beyond that (as long as your computer meets Luminar 4’s system requirements).

I hope you will agree that both Luminar 3 and 4 have a lot of unique tools and solutions to justify their cost.

Darryl Brooks

"We plan to ship compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 "

That's what you said about Luminar 3.

And 2018

Gary Bowen

I started with Luminar PC Beta testing then purchased/instlled/used the following from (now) Skylum:

Luminar 2018
    Luminar Flex
    Luminar 3
    Luminar 4
    Photolemur 2
    Photolemur 3

I will not be purchasing Luminar AI for many of the reasons posted on this forum.

I hope Skylum will at least get rid of the "update to 4.3" nag screen for those of us who will not update until there is a stable fix.

Robert Chlup

And now, deceived users, are you safe?

Now comes Luminar NEO, the best and really fastest Luminar version that has ever seen the light of day!

Awesome strategy like donkey and carrot!

No words about support to owners of Luminar 4, these stupid buyers now have to buy new software because cameras are no longer supported and errors are not fixed

Elena Blum

Hi Robert,

In addition to the information posted here , we plan to ship compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year from the date the last copy of the app was sold (August 2021). We won’t charge anything for these updates.

Luminar 4 will continue to run for many years beyond that as well(as long as your computer meets Luminar 4’s system requirements).

Please sign in to leave a comment.