Comments

11 comments

Elena Blum

HI Rocky Cola,

Currently, this camera is yet to be supported by Luminar.

However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Comment actions Permalink
    Alex Chan

Hi Elena

You said it's "just" a matter of time for Luminar to extend the support to Canon EOS R5, but we have been waiting for too long for an answer from Luminar.  We asked "when", which means we expect a definite date from you.

It is ridiculous that you do not resolve the problem but instead, ask your customers to spend extra time in the file type conversation because Luminar did not do the job properly.  Why don't you straightly suggest us to switch to another software, which already supported the Canon EOS R5?

I have preordered the Luminar AI and am expecting it to support the Canon EOS R5.  Please prioritize and put your resources in fixing the problem rather than adding functions such as the sky objects or replacing the skies.  This is completely useless when your software cannot read my photos.

Helena Carter

Hi Alex Chan,

Luminar 4 supports CR3 format, however, supporting CR3 format doesn't mean supporting all the cameras that shot in this format, thus, R5 support is to be added in one of the future updates. We know it's disturbing not to have your camera supported and having to go through this file converting, however, we're working on adding new cameras. We really hope for your patience!

Beat Christen

I bought Luminar 4 because I was no longer interested in paying Adobe Lightroom monthly or yearly. What now, Luminar is not able to display the files of the EOS R5 correctly. Hey what's wrong with you, Lightroom has been doing this for a while. In addition, the EOS R5 has been on the market for a few months. Please show me that I have not bought the wrong product. Camera support comes before new features are added to the software. The best functions will not bring a buyer if his camera is not supported.
    But maybe here is the difference to subscriptions. The manufacturer has a certain amount of pressure to keep his paying customers satisfied. Luminar is bought once, if a camera is not supported, the company already has the money and can take the time to integrate a camera. I'm already thinking of making use of the 30-day return guarantee. So go ahead, it can't be that difficult.

Rocky Cola

Yup. The R5 was released 5 months ago.  Like I have said in another post. I do understand the the Canon brand of cameras is clearly a niche brand.  It’s not mainstream or popular by any means - obviously. Maybe if we had gone more mainstream with our camera purchase, like Hasselblad or Phase One, the support would be there by now.  Because, as we all know those brands sell alot more camera units than some barely known camera brand like Canon. 

Beat Christen

I have now made a request for money back. I bought Luminar 4 in a bundle with Aurora HDR. I had to find out that Aurora HDR is not able to read CR3 files from my 2 year old Canon EOS R. Sorry, but I'm more than disappointed with Skylum.

My old Version of Photomatix HDR can read CR3 files.
    So please what's wrong with you guys. I'm very upset right now.

That is useless. I don't want to generate DNG files either, it disrupts the workflow massively and generates an unnecessary amount of additional data.

Pay more attention to the wishes of the customers, they will run away from them sooner or later!

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Beat Christen,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you decided to get refund due to unsupported RAW format. I just wanted to let you know that we do plan to support CR3 files as well and this will be fixed in our future updates. I regrettably cannot tell you when this update will be released, but I do hope that CR3 files will work in Aurora HDR ASAP. 

Matthew Schwartz

I am really glad I found this thread. I was thinking about getting Luminar and now I know I will NEVER purchase a Luminar product. To not support a camera from a little brand called CANON is unreal. Then, to think it is still not supported?! What?! This has got to be the WORST software for photographers available. I have never heard of software making people wait for more than a few days or a week for support. Unbelievable. 

Beat Christen

I got my money back. I have to say that it worked quickly and without any problems. An e-mail to the Support with the purchase receipt was sufficient. At least that works without problems at Skylum. Thanks for that. It is still incomprehensible that such popular cameras are not supported. The EOS R5 and also the EOS R6 are a very popular camera and is currently not available in certain countries because it is sold out. So it's not a camera that nobody wants to have. Think about it!

Robert Monnin

Does anyone at Skylum have a current update on when the new Canon R5 CRM files will be support with Luminar 4?  

Beat Christen

I think this is empty talk from Skylum that there will be an upgrade in the future. Aurora HDR doesn't even support RAW files from the EOS R. It has been on the market for 2 years. I don't think the Luminar 4 will ever support these cameras. Skylum is too busy releasing Luminar AI. They'll soon drop Luminar 4 afterwards. But that is pure speculation on my part and does not reflect the truth. Implementing support for a camera shouldn't be a big deal. So why didn't it happen long ago? The EOS R5 sells like sliced bread and Canon is a mainstream brand, which can be ignored as a software manufacturer! *irony off*

Conclusion: it's a shame I would have liked to use the software. But not like this!

Please sign in to leave a comment.