Why does Luminar change the date and time of my edited photos?

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Rajender,

Please try exporting your image from Lightroom to Luminar in the following way:

Right-click on the image > Export > Luminar 4 (Open source photo / Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments) 

https://prnt.sc/q0gs5k

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support. They will assist you further.

Comment actions Permalink
    Darryl Brooks

This bug has been reported for years. Luminar is the only photo editing software on the market that behaves in this fashion and requires what is clearly a workaround.

Jay Ladouceur

As pointed out by Darryl, this bug has persisted from day one. Luminar is making fantastic changes but is completely ignoring this BASIC REQUIREMENT.

Are the programmers simply so arrogant that they put their own priorities ahead of basic requirements for any photo editing program?? Having the program save the file with the EDIT DATE instead of the DATE TAKEN is an absolute disaster for any sane photographer's workflow. 

Get with it Luminar and correct this initial and ongoing 'Romper Room Graduate' programming error!!

Jay Ladouceur

More information on this. As you export from LR to Luminar Ai, a Tif file is immediately created in LR, which HAS THE CORRECT DATE. After editing in Luminar Ai, and hitting 'Apply', Luminar saves it out and in Lightroom the date on that newly created Tif file changes to the current date.

This is absolutely ridiculous beyond belief!!!

It is nothing but a make work project for every Lightroom user. 

Helena Carter

Hi Jay Ladouceur,

Could you please specify if you invoke LuminarAI via Right-click on the image > Export > LuminarAI (Open source photo / Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments)?

Jay Ladouceur

Right click
    Edit in Luminar
    Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments
    My entire workflow is Lightroom based.
    This problem is so disruptive I had given up using Luminar Ai until the new Portrait Bokeh was added, which makes me want to use it again
    Now I've regressed to using an action I created in Photoship which does the same thing, slower and more steps but has the advantage of the bokeh layer being a smart object that can be further adjusted.
    Until this problem is fixed I will stick with Photoshop. I'll start using Luminar again as soon as that is fixed.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jay,

Please try right-click > Export > Luminar AI > Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments rather than using Right Click > Edit In. This should resolve the issue.

Darryl Brooks

As I pointed out a year ago, Luminar is the only plugin that works this way. The only one. Photographers work on dozens or hundreds of images a day. We get used to doing things the same way. But with Luminar, we have to stop and think, no, Luminar can't fix this trivial bug, I need to remember to change my workflow. I say trivial, because once again, Luminar 2, 3, 4, AI are the only packages to ever need to be exported. That's not the definition of a plugin. 

It also doesn't play nicely with ACDSee. 

Not sure why I took the time to write this. Skylum has never changed anything due to user requests. 
     If Jay Ladouceur is going to wait for this to be fixed, he is in for an endless wait.

Jay Ladouceur

Darryl ...thanks for the tip. At least they read the posts and respond in a timely fashion. Let's see if anything gets done about this...

Thank you Angela. Doing that actually works. 

I do however, totally agree with Darryl. This is the only plugin that works this way.

I'll start using it again now using that process, since I won't have to deal with the date issue, but Skylum needs to change the Edit in function to eliminate that problem.

All you need to do to correct that is get rid of the process behind the 'Edit in Luminar with LR Adjustments' and replace the process behind it with the process from the 'Export to Luminar with LR Adjustments'.

Then, you can totally get rid of the "Export' option. Then at least it would function like any other plugin.

Please advise me and others on this thread as to what the big problem is in making that simple change. 

I'll start another thread about the way it shuts down after hitting 'apply', since that is a terrible time waster as well.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jay & Darryl,

I personally do not know why the Export method works properly and Edit In does not as I'm not a developer or engineer. However, I'm happy to share your feedback with our team.

For what it is worth, I have personally encountered several plugins over the years that require different means of access through Lightroom. Most, as you've encountered, use Edit in. Skylum apps work best with Export, and there are others I've used that require going to File > Export with preset or Plugin Extras. It certainly requires a bit of an adjustment to integrate the new instructions into your workflow, but I've never found it to be a terrible burden...rather the differences/quirks of different developers. Just my 2 cents as a fellow photographer.

Please sign in to leave a comment.