Thanks, for some reason my Topaz plugin stopped working in Luminar 4.

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Ian Murrell

Frank Garcia

I think you probably meant that you have updated to Windows 2004. When new major versions of operating systems are first released they often cause issues with existing software.

Can I ask, is it only one Topaz plugin that doesn't work, or more that one, and specifically what Topaz Plugin and what version is the issue with. If it is one of the newer AI plugins (DenoiiseAI, SharpenAI, AdjustAI), are you still able to run the Topaz application freestanding?

Incidentally, what version of Luminar 4 are you using?

The way I interpret the last sentence of your post is that Luminar 4 may not now be showing any Topaz plugins in Edit->Plugins, and when you add one as a new entry by going to Edit->plugins->Other->Open Plugin and then selecting the 64 bit version of the .8bf plugin, it attempts to open the plug in, fails, and subsequently does not add the new entry in the plugin list..Is that correct?

Have you tried rebooting, then running Luminar as an administrator.? 

If you go to %appdata%\Luminar 4, you should find a file called "CommonSettings.xml"
    if you open that in notepad, and scroll down to <RecentPsPluginsPathes>  with working plugins, typically you would see something like this

What do you see between

<RecentPsPluginsPathes>
    and
    </RecentPsPluginsPathes>

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Frank,

The interactions between Luminar and the latest Topaz plugins aren't officially documented and, therefore, aren't specifically tested. As much as we'd love to, we cannot guarantee their smooth communication. 

As for the recently used plugins, please reach us at https://skylum.com/support. Make sure to attach the CommonSettings.xml file that's located at %appdata%\Luminar 4

1. Press Windows logo key+R

2. In the window that opens, paste %appdata%\Luminar 4

3. Locate the file called CommonSettings.xml and send it to us. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Frank Garcia

@ian yes I see that there.

@kate After reverting back windows update to 2004 everything is working so it seems to me that something relative to that version broke Luminar. 

Kate Williams

Hi Frank, 

Could you please let me know which exact Windows build you had? Was it 19041.508? 

Frank Garcia

l said Windows 2024 but in reality it was 2004. 19041.508.

Jose Plaza

Frank Garcia

I am using  latest Topaz Denoise Ai and Sharpen Ai as Luminar 4.3 plugins without any problem. I am using Windows 10 1909 version (18368.1082) though.

Did they work for you before the update to 2004 and just after the update they did not work anymore?. I am reluctant to upgrade to 2004, but at any point I will have to do it, so I would like to confirm with anyone else  if this behaviour.is also found after the update to windows 10 2004 version.

Frank Garcia

Jose, It was working on that version and it stopped when I upgraded to 2004. I have to revert back and now its working find again.

Jose Plaza

Thank you Frank for confirming it.

I do not know what is Microsoft doing to break a lot of things just to provide new functions nobody wants.

I will stay in 1909 for now.

Jose Plaza

Frank Garcia

What version of Topaz programs are you using?. Topaz Denoise Ai and Sharpen Ai had some issues during a couple of versions when exporting to Lightroom (used as plugin), but they work OK in the last versions (Denoise 2.2.11, and Sharpen 2.1.7). 

Frank Garcia

Im using the latest versions.

Please sign in to leave a comment.