Images look out of focus in Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Roy Blackwell

I have noticed the same thing. After applying a Look, the image then appears slightly blurred. When exported, the final image is not blurred but still an annoying issue when trying to edit.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Hayward

Yes, exactly, the photos only look blurred in Luminar, but after export when opened in another editor they look sharp.

Roy Blackwell

I just installed a Cumulative Update to Windows 10 2004 via Windows Update and am not currently seeing the issue. Maybe that fixed it or maybe it is an intermittent issue. I know for my machine it did not do it every time.

Austin Miller

Hi everyone.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue. 
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Frank Garcia

l have the same issue.

Adrian Lunsong

I also have similar issues and for me at least, it's not easily reproducible: when I make an edit, it sometimes introduces the blur. It's like a bug that appears every so often. And to get the image to sharpen back to original, I find that changing the zoom sometimes forces the software to correct the blur. 

Frank Garcia

Yes, changing the zoom makes it better.

Paul Hayward

I've been in touch by email with Skylum Support about this problem. Apparently the issue is already known to them. It appears when the size of the image is fit-to-screen. If you zoom in, the image appears sharp, but once back in fit-to-screen mode it looks blurred again. They told me that it occurs after lens correction tools are used on a photo and also after using the Light filter. However, as Adrian comments above, for me it can happen at almost any point in the editing process. Apparently the Skylum tech team hope to correct this problem in a future update. I hope they fix it soon, as I do most of my editing at fit-to-screen size and it makes the app almost unusable.

John Dennery

I just started having this issue today. It happens only when I apply any adjustments from the "lens and geometry" tab. Actually, the only one I am using is "rotate."

I was able to fully edit and crop my photos with normal resolution, but as soon as I tried to rotate the photos to correct the horizon leveling, everything goes blurry. If I zoom in, it looks fine, but when I zoom back out it is still blurry. As soon as I reset the lens and geometry tab, it disappears completely. 

I did recently completely erase and reinstall mac os on my laptop so maybe the current os version is fighting with luminar. I hope this gets resolved soon though because it makes the program very difficult to use!

Helena Carter

Hi John Dennery,

Please reach out to us at https://skylum.com/support so we can look deeper into your particular issue.

Duc Vu Anh

Same issue with Luminar AI. Especially with Face AI - Slim face. Not only the fit to screen preview blurry. The slim face applied export image appear less sharp vs original sooc, by a tiny bit. But it is there.

Please sign in to leave a comment.