Luminar 4...The last version I will own

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Jose! I am sorry to hear about your experience. Have you reached our customer support team regarding the performance issues?
    As for Luminar AI, you can choose whether you want a license for 1 device or for 2. Once again, you can always reset your license counter if you want to use the app on another computer. Or else, the price for an additional seat is quite fair as well.

Comment actions Permalink
    Marcus Stursberg

Same here, I fully agree unfortunately. I've searched for a LR 6 replacement.

But using Luminar 4 again after 6 months, it was so terribly slow, buggy, took forever to export a few images and consumed easily 10-12GB. All of that with major features missing and relying too much on "AI Magic" without providing basic control. It lead to a point where Luminar 4 is not usable for me on a high spec 2300€ Ultrabook. 

It is sad to see. When I've purchased Luminar 4 after it's release, I had high hopes but it got nowhere and even worse half a year later. Some of the AI enhancements are catchy at first but if you try to go further...there is no chance. I think there is just too much focus on AI enhancements, but most of it can be achieved with other tools and same effort. (I am doing ML myself for a living, so no AI bashing here ;) )

I've swallowed the pill and purchased CO Pro yesterday and the difference is extreme. Very fast and snappy, exporting took just a few seconds (compared to minutes) and the results are stunning. All of that on the same device.

Money is lost but sometimes you have to learn it the hard way.

Steve Ratts

LOL! We can choose 1 license or 2? And we can reset our license counter if we want to use the app on another computer? No thanks!

Here's what I choose. Skylum only makes abandonware, and I'm not going to buy the next version. You guys owe us fixes on the SW we've already paid for. I don't want more gimmicks, I want a catalog that can be relied on, reasonable performance, and the essential features that were promised ages ago.

Anastasia Davis

Steve Ratts In this case you can totally stick to your Luminar 4, it is your choice. As we mentioned, we will continue shipping updates.

Steve Ratts

I think you're missing the point Anastasia Davis. Skylum isn't releasing SW so much as it releases abandonware. Promises are made and are broken, then you switch tracks and abandon the SW with no further updates. I'd have to be pretty stupid to give you any more money - and quite frankly this SW has not worked out at all like it was advertised. It's at best a plugin with modest capabilities for LR, which I'd have gladly abandoned years ago if Skylum had fulfilled on promises.

You say you';ll keep shipping updates, but really, why should I believe you? The only SW you've got that's worth a damn is AuroraHDR and that's probably never going to see another update. Luminar looked promising - but what's the point if it's riddled with fatal flaws?

Please sign in to leave a comment.