End of Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Ralf,

First of all, I would like to let you know that we do not abandon Luminar 4. We plan to ship compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after Luminar AI is released. We won’t charge anything for these updates.

Luminar 4 will continue to run for many years beyond that (as long as your computer meets Luminar 4’s system requirements).

We encourage you to switch to Luminar AI, though, for its revolutionary approach to photo editing. We think you’ll truly enjoy the innovative editing tools, creative inspiration. and time-saving options. 

Luminar AI is a brand new product. It is not an upgrade to Luminar 4 or any other previous versions of Luminar. Luminar AI is an alternative to traditional photo editors in general. 

More information regarding the app is coming soon, so please stay tuned! In the following months, we will show and tell you a lot about your new image editor; you’ll be invited to fireside chats with amazing photographers; you’ll discover our new Luminar X Membership and learn more about the real power of AI in image editing.

I also invite you to read a reply in a recent thread from our CEO. This may answer some of your questions as to the direction of Skylum:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009673340-where-is-the-roadmap-for-Luminar4

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Murrell

Margaret Bright

You CEO has already said the new Luminar AI will NOT have proper support for EXIF and IPTC.
    Right from the start that makes it unattractive for professional users.

พี่เสือ (Juergen)

I not see any library at Luminar Ai. Is it just another Photolemur? 

What happen with all the skies, presets, catalogs L4 users have created? What is with the users not want a full Ai one-klick for best result? 

Austin Miller

Hi all. We are not abandoning the IPTC or EXIF support. We want to create a different, easier way to work with it. It requires a lot of time and effort but we will do our best. 

Juergen Luminar AI is going to be a completely different app and not just another alternative to traditional editors. It's a different approach to the photo editing process. We will announce more details on the transition from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI a bit later.

พี่เสือ (Juergen)

I not sure if this is really now the right way. Me not want change every year the program and the workflow - this will waste time and i start from zero. I want one program which is continuous developed (Luminar 4, 5, 6...) Of course i willing to buy major updates if they are worth it.

So why not finish Luminar 4 and then put this new features in Luminar 5. I don't see an advantage of creating a new product without finishing the previous product

Anastasia Davis

@Juergen We would recommend you to wait for Luminar AI and try it out. It will be our best product ever.
    As we already mentioned before, we will continue to support Luminar 4. Thus, you can stick to your current version as well.

Marcus Stursberg

I guess, it will be the same disappointnent for users as Luminar 3 and 4 were. Are you serious about releasing a complete new product which has to be purchased again after not finishing two previous versions?

I've trusted you when you've released Luminar 4 with your statements that you will make it a worthy competitor and will work on finalizing the product.

In the meantime btw. Serif managed to put more, better and wayyyy faster raw development tools into affinity photo than Skylum could into their dedicated photo development tool. But it looks like Skylum is not the next Serif.

No chance that I will put a single more euro/dollar into Skylum. Just getting not working versions without the chances for being ever fixed is the worst value for money I've had in avery long time.

Gary Hutchings

There is no hope.. They are a blind, broken record. 

Use this as an example of what happens when a company has no idea what they are doing support and software dev wise.. 

Shooting themselves in the foot..   When you have a great product, but you ruining it with greed and incompetence. 

"We would recommend you to wait for Luminar AI "  <--------- This will be the "answer" to all problems.

This company will die by greed.. 

Save your money and run, no one at this company cares..  Facts.. 

Ralf Sohnsmeier
    what will be the next big update on luminar4.4? A fire brigade car as an augmented reality object? Or a children's carousel?

Gary Hutchings

Get your CEO, your financial officer, your head of HR, your communications director. 

Get me all your top people on the phone, cut me a check for $5000 and I will tell all of you what you need to do to save this company. 

You can cuddle with the profits you have made already and just let the whole thing sink like the Titanic, or you can admit that you don't know what you are doing and accept help.

I am not joking in any way shape or form. 

Admit you have a serious issue, or just snuggle with your ill-gotten gains. 

To take people's money for a program you can't make work is criminal. 

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

I would just like to point out once more that we still plan to ship free compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after Luminar AI is released. Our team is always working on improving the stability of our software to make your experience with our apps better with each update.

Gary Hutchings

You are reaching "End of life" with Luminar 4 and you still have issues carried on from Luminar 3. 

Let me state this very plainly, you have export issues across multiple versions of the software. HELLO! 

This is not rocket science, it is software development. 

"Point out" does not help people that BOUGHT the program and cannot use it NOW.

At very least you owe people a very specific explanation for what is broken in the program  

"Look at all these fancy edits! If only I could actually save and use them!"

These responses prove their is not real support and no real caring about fulfilling your obligation to make sure the people who give you their hard earned money can use the program. 

I was hoping to be able to remain a customer.. But the bottom line is, over multiple versions of the program, you don't know what you are doing support wise and it will be the end of this company.. Mark my words.. 

Gary Hutchings

Darryl Brooks

"I would just like to point out once more that we still plan to ship free compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after Luminar AI is released"

This is what you said about Luminar 3 when you released Luminar 4. 

Those updates never came. 

Ralf Sohnsmeier

Bisher endeten alle Softwareprodukte von Skylum (Photolemur, Luminar 2018, Luminar 3, Luminar 4) für die meisten Anwender als Softwareleiche in der Schublade, weil die Software nicht das gehalten hatte, was Skylum großartig als "Lightroom Killer" versprochen hat, oder wie Luminar 4 auf vielen Rechnern garnicht mehr startet. Skylum schert sich nicht um die Belange der Anwender und glaubt nun ernsthaft, nach Aussitzen der Probleme mit einem neuen Produkt starten zu können. Immerhin sprechen sie mit Luminar AI auch keine Fotografen an, sondern Leute die bunte Bilder wollen. Das Netz wird überschwemmt werden von solchen Bildern. Der Fotograf nimmt ein anderes Produkt, da Skylum-Produkte keine Zukunft haben.

Gary Hutchings

Genau. Ich habe direkt an den CEO geschrieben.
    Sie kümmern sich nur um kurzfristige Gewinne, sie kümmern sich nicht um Kundenbindung. Sie kümmern sich nicht um die Qualität ihres Produkts. Das ganze Unternehmen macht nichts als Betrug.

Please sign in to leave a comment.