Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Sur .,

Unfortunately, no. Luminar AI will not support external plugins.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

To the best of my knowledge, Luminar AI plugin supports Photoshop and Lightroom. That does not mean it will not work for other apps, but does mean only Photoshop and Lightroom are supported.

Sur .

Thanks for your comment Roy. I am aware of the information Skylum has distributed. They say that you will be able to use Luminar AI as a plugin from from those Adobe products.

My question is different. I am asking if you  can use these other apps as plugins from Luminar AI? They haven't released any information about that, thus I am asking.

Mark Barnes

Not supporting Topaz plugins is a big disappointment. I use them now in L4.2 with almost every image. Hope this will be reconsidered.

Thx.

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy

Hi Mark

Could you please tell me how you use Topaz as plugin for L4.2?

Thank you

Thiru

Mark Barnes

Here's the link on how to do it. If that doesn't work Skylum Tech Support can help as well. Good luck!

https://help.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045164531-Skylum-Luminar-4-Using-Your-Topaz-Labs-Plug-ins

I was so excited about Luminar AI . I even joined the membership program.  However, it is disappointing that this application will not support Topaz Denoise or Sharpen plugins.  Having these plugins in Luminar 4 creates, for me, a seamless workflow.  Will Luminar AI support plugins in the future?  If not, I will have stay with Luminar 4 until I find another photo editing software similar to Luminar that supports plugins. 

Roy Blackwell

Member: As soon as I have Luminar AI installed, I will test with Topaz AI products. My guess is that they will work but will see, probably next week.

Giulio Cimato

I'm reading that Luminar Ai will not support Topaz plugins. It is disappointing as I'm using them with luminar 4. I'll wait and see, but if it is Skylum's final decision I'll probably stay with Luminar 4.

Michael Z

Unfortunately I didn't read this before - now I have buyd Luminar AI and I can't believe that it doest supply my Topaz AI-Filters any more. This known I'd be stayed on Luminar 4.3. -

Hasse Haitto

Luminar AI must support installation of popular plugins like Topaz Denoise. Skylum has supported Topaz plugins in the past and clearly this is a very reasonable expectation to have at least the same level of functionality when upgrading to newer Luminar product offering.

Hasse Haitto

Luminar AI doesn't process high resolution Olympus RAW files - seems it has hard-coded the standard resolution and crops the image as soon as you start to edit it. Earlier Luminar versions (including Flex) handles the high-resolution .ORF files correctly. However, as of Mac OS Big Sur (version 11.1) Luminar Flex Export no longer works. Basically this means I can no longer use Luminar in my workflow.

Please sign in to leave a comment.