Comments

64 comments

Gijs van Dijk

Boo effing who. You entitled Linux crybabies need to shut up and quit whining. Get a life. Your software choices are not dictated by the OS, your OS is dictated by your software choices. You do not work with your OS, you work with software installed on that OS. The OS is just there to boot your computer and let you run software. If you get a hardon running Linux, all the power to you but don't complain about your choice of software.  Rational people first define their software of choice and then pick the hardware and OS to suit.

I use Linux every single day, both server and desktop. With much pleasure too as it provides me with the tools I need. Except when I need to do photo editiing, then I boot to my W11 install that lets me use the photo tools that I need and want to use.

Use the tools that best suit you to do the job at hand. If that means running Windows or OSX, run Windows or OSX. If that means running Linux, run Linux. If that means it doesn't matter cause it runs everywhere, use whatever you like better. But for f sake stop whining about wanting to use specific tools, while unwilling to do what it takes to run them. Asking about Linux support and letting people know there is a want out there is fine, complaining and throwing a entitled tantrum because you're not getting it is not.

Comment actions Permalink
    Marco La

good news. since skylum does not react here, we simply switch to Adobe Photoshop. there is now a web version, which is constantly being expanded! bye luminar

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Marco!

I replied to you in this thread:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010621660 

Kindly check it.

Marco Griep

I tried to run Luminar AI in a Virtual Windows Machine. It works fine with VMWare Player (Not with VirtualBox because of lack for OpenGL 3.3), but its not performant. What works is to passtough GPU and install Windows or MacOS in Qemu. 

GitHub - foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM: Tools to set up a quick macOS VM in QEMU, accelerated by KVM.

Please sign in to leave a comment.