Speed Issues

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Victoria Grace

Hi there,

To speed up the performance, I'd recommend you work with a fewer amount of images within several catalogs.

Also, you may try to optimize your PC performance by following the steps from the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

Please also try to clear your memory:

https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/clear-memory-and-increase-ram.html

Comment actions Permalink
    Wolfgang Jarcik

Luminar ist nun einmal langsam, da hilft es auch nicht nur wenige Fotos im Katalog zu haben. Unzählige Forumsbeiträge bestätigen das leider immer wieder. Auch diese Standardantworten helfen uns Anwender nicht weiter.

David Moss

Yes, I've done all of this. What about all the other people having this same problem that have hot shot computers? I know for a fact that Skylum has a major problem with this on their end. When is this problem going to be rectified? You've been working on this for a very long time now and I think your customers deserve positive results by now. Thank you.

Victoria Grace

Hi,

We're doing to best to improve Luminar 4 performance with every update. Moreover, it's our top priority at the moment. So if there are any speed issues you're experiencing with the app, feel free to reach our techs via https://skylum.com/support and they'll do their best to try to improve it on your PC.

David Moss

Thank you for your help. My computer is running better now. Any improvements from Skylum will naturally be welcomed by all. Of this I am sure.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi,

ich hatte mich schon vor Monaten wegen der miserablen Performance an den support gewandt - Erhalten hatte ich eine ähnliche Antwort wie jene hier im Forum. „Wir arbeiten daran“, „nächstes Update bringt Verbesserung“, „Stay Tuned“ usw.

Markus Iofcea

I can confirm performance issues for Luminar 4 on Windows as well. These have nothing to do with the link provided above on how to speed up Windows. 

The performance is generally bad from the UI down to the photo editing tools unfortunately. I think the Windows version should get some more attention and love from Skylum. Not even mentioning missing features compared to the Mac version, like the Lasso tool.

David Moss

I agree. The program would be so much better if it ran more efficiently. There's really no excuse for this not being fixed already.

Marc S

When will SKYLUM finally fix those speed issues? Currently, I'm using version 4.3.0 (6886). 

Skylum has promised to work on those problems various times and several month ago! 

At the moment this version is UNUSABLE! It takes 5 minutes to load 100 RAW files storad on a SSD. 

And what abou the stability? It crashes every 10 minutes.

Skylum delivers more and more of those silly filters but the basics are not working! 

Alina Skylum

Hi Marc,

Luminar 4 performance has been improved over the last year, and we will definitely continue improving it with future updates.
    Regarding the crashing issue, would you mind reaching us at skylum.com/support so we can look into it?

Please sign in to leave a comment.