Luminar 4.3 upgrade stops Photoshop plug-in from working and by simply opening Photoshop, Luminar 4 no longer works

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Jeremy Rosie,

We apologize for the issue you encountered with Luminar 4 plugin and will make sure to sort this out.

Just to confirm we are on the same page, have you already tried reinstalling the plugin by following the exact steps below?

1. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    2. Click File > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop.
    4. Reboot your PC.
    5. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    6. Click File > Install Plugins.
    7. Click Install next to Photoshop.

If this instruction does not help, we would kindly ask you to reach us via https://skylum.com/support, so we can help you further. Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink
    Fernando Maeda

I'm having the same problem. I did the above procedure several times following each step, but the pluggin no longer works after the update. This is a recurring problem here at the Forum. I bought the program for its promise to speed up the work of us photographers. I urgently await a return, as I have a deadline for delivery of works. I have already forwarded an email to support, but I received an automatic response. I expect a return with the solution of this problem.

Roy Blackwell

The latest version of Luminar on Windows is 4.3.0 (6886). Make sure you are running this version, then try Helga procedure.

Jeremy Rosie

It's working! 

Thank you so much to Skylum Software for solving the problem with the Photoshop plugin not working and for it not running at all if Photoshop is run first.

Thanks to Helga Egilsdottir from two months ago for summarizing how to uninstall and then install the plugin. Thanks, especially, to Roy Blackwell from one hour ago for letting me know that it can now work by first updating to Luminar 4.3 (6886). I opened Luminar 4 , clicked on 'install update' and tried Helga's instructions again, and it works! I can now use Luminar 4 as a stand-alone app, and can open it whether or not I have already opened Photoshop. I can also open the Luminar 4 plug-in from within Photoshop. Excellent. Best of both worlds. Thank you again. 
    J. Rosie

Kirk Osborn

We are glad to hear that everything is alright now.

Thank you for your nice words.

Peter Kleinschmidt

Have had this problem twice and the trick after clicking on run as administrator is to close Photoshop... at least that is what worked for me...

Fernando Maeda
    I uninstalled Luminar 4. I restarted the computer. I downloaded Luminar 4 directly from the Skylum website. I installed as Administrator. I ran the program as an administrator. I updated Luminar 4.3.0 6886. I closed the Luminar 4.3.0 program, ran it as an Administrator and installed the Plugin in Photoshop. I opened Photoshop. When I try to open Luminar 4.3.0, it is processing and, unfortunately, it does not open as a plugin. It didn't work for me, I waited 9:11:34 minutes and the image didn't open on Luminar, nor did Luminar open. I use a 3.00 GHz i7-9700 computer, 24 GB Ram, SSD pci Nvme m.2 512 GB, 1 TB HD, Windows 10. I made all the edits again manually, without using the resources that Luminar would streamline in my work. I ask the support to guide me to solve this
    problem.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Fernando,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Fernando Maeda

Hi Angela Andrieux,

I contacted Skylum Technical Support and they are being very helpful in solving this problem, which can occur with other users, who use official Adobe programs and Luminar 4.
    Thank you!

Fernando Maeda

I come here to thank Skylum Technical Support who accompanied me and solved the Plugin for Photoshop problem. Extremely professional and attentive staff. Congratulations to Support. Thank you!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Fernando! Thanks for your nice words. We were happy to help you!

Please sign in to leave a comment.